"Rival" just fucking gives up halfway through the game and goes home

>"Rival" just fucking gives up halfway through the game and goes home
If I was Birch I would beat her ass senseless for not having strong enough pokemon to stop me

Attached: fuckyou.jpg (645x431, 95.95K)

Why did they had a guy called Wally and a different guy called Wallace in these games when they were basically unrelated?

why did they have a guy named Brendan and a guy named Brandon

>doesn't even fully evolve their starter in gen 3
this is the worst fucking rival bar none

unironically the worst 'rival' in the franchise. as a kid i honestly thought they were meant to be a joke character after we just had silver

>Doesn't even have a fully evolved starter in the originals

lol. It's even funnier if you play as the May, because Brendan talks mad shit early on but then gives up halfway.

Attached: Brendan Final.jpg (680x798, 103.7K)

lol

it's pretty cool how Brendan/May actually had differing personalities rather than just running rival.exe

It annoyed me that Wally did have a character arc but was sidelined in favor of playing with the professors kid a few times. The interactions are awkward, they don't go anywhere or amount to anything. I guess ORAS at least acknowledge this by turning them in awkward kids with crushes on the MCs.

They need brendon

I didn't really think of May as a rival desu.

Wally is one of the most soulful and heartwarming characters in the series. They should have went farther and made him champion tier, hell even take down a legendary.

Attached: Spr_Masters_Wally.png (1024x1024, 133.09K)

Unpopular opinion: I liked that May/Brendan peaked around gym 6 instead of following you all the way to the league. Having every named character being E4/champion level in the late game or post-game cheapens the title and makes it seem like any random shmuck could beat the league.

Attached: 768768.jpg (1282x723, 43.89K)

>Gets to have one of the strongest teams post-game in ORAS

>A potential battle partner in the Battle Tree, literally the only Hoenn character other than Anabel who had her Guzzlord subplot

>Gets one of the more powerful trainers as an ancestor in PLA despite not even being from Sinnoh

Wally deserves more than those boring cunts anyway, at least he had an actual character arc.

Brendan
Brandon
Bran
Brenny
Brap
Brannigan
Benia

>Rival in RSE is the only individual rival that decides there are more important things in life than battling 24/7

It's character development, and anyone who says "yeah but the final starter isn't fully evolved so that = bad" is just being autistic.

Bianca & Hop do the exact same thing

Maybe it would be better if their starter fully-evolved.

Yes but I don't enjoy masturbating to either of those.

Didn’t ask

If they weren't strong enough to compete, they should have stayed in their lane of being a generic trainer class.

This is a video game about Pokemon. There is nothing else to do other than catching and battling Pokémon.