I dont understand...

I dont understand. Why doesnt the governement just make a law that says housing can only be a maximum of "insert affordable price here". Also why cant they just say that the inflation rate is 2%. This doesnt make sense to me.

Attached: s5v9lcqtee791.jpg (1125x601, 67.44K)

because they're controlled by people who don't want them to do that. gov wants housing to appreciate in value, which is diametrically opposed to housing being affordable.

Daily reminder that every single finance asset like stocks,bonds,debt,crypto,money etc are all purely parasitical in nature and serve no purpose nor have any inherent value. Finance and economics are pseudoscientific make believe garbage, capitalism is inherently unstable,unsustainable and exploitative with a built in expiration date and private property is theft. Every financier or crypto dudebro is a literal parasite and you will all perish alongside your precious stock market and blockchain

The state is necessary for capitalism to operate because otherwise without even the slightest regulation and something to reign in the inherent contradictions and violence of capitalism it would immediately devolve into pure war. So called neolibs and ancaps worship this hypothetical "free market" god completely ignoring the fact that unchecked competition is synonymous with total war. Between everyone and everything

The state therefore is introduced to somehow control a fundamentally broken system. However the state cant fix the inherent contradictions in capitalism and can only just stall the intended functions of capitalism: poverty, slavery, disease, pollution and war. All these are not glitches to the system. They are intended and necessary functions of it

Jesus Christ because then there would be a shortage of housing. If you place a ceiling, but the prices of the commodities used to build houses keeps going up, then people will either stop building or you get tiny shitty houses. Fucking retarded Commie zoomer

Why would there be a shortage of housing if the government required housing to be affordable? That doesnt make any sense. Why would people stop building houses just cause they are affordable

The thing I don't understand is saying homes are a good long term investment. The birthrate says otherwise. Zoomers and Millennials are not having babies. In 20 years who is going to live in these homes? Immigrants? They aren't going to pay the rent on time or get a mortgage. Owning a fuck ton of homes as long term investment is a shit idea.

lol nice b8
Not to mention the fact that providing living accomodations, utilities, construction materials etc is a business, and must be profitable or people will stop doing it.
Landlords are not making 'more' the value of the rent is going up nominally but not 'really', inflation is higher than 8.7% and everybody knows it.

>required it
okay so they can require it, but now i can't attract investment to loan me people's labor, construction materials etc because it's a guaranteed loss.
The government can compel you to do certain things because it is violent, i grant you that, but it hasn't gotten to the point where we enslave people yet.
If enough assholes like you say the bullshit you're saying loud enough however, we'll be back to slavery in no time.

You fucking idiot.

Did you read my post? It wouldn’t be worth it to risk capital, time, materials, and labor as the profit margins decrease.

Governments have tried on many occasions to fix prices to control inflation. Every single time it fails, producing shortages of the good and failing to stop the inflation. The only ways to actually halt inflation are some combonation of reducing the money supply, reducing demand, or increasing productivity/supply of general goods.

There is a historical precedent for this. It is called the U.S.S.R. (see also: China)

because they hate your fucking guts (i'm not joking)

There are caps on rental prices in my country. If I want to rent a place in the ghetto I have to spend 8 years in a que. If I want to live on a nice address I have to spend 30 years in a que. You cannot start queing until you are 18.

This is what price control does. You can live at the best addresses but you will have to wait until you are 55 years old.

Free market housing is the worst mistake our country ever made. All housing should be owned by the government with apartments costing $50,000 and homes costing $150,000. Property taxes should be increased to $2,500 a year for apartments and $6,000 a year for homes.

New homes are created when there is a demand for more housing than available.

This model would create jobs, reduce homelessness, ensure affordable housing, and allow the next generation to become productive members of society. People aren't motivated when things are unaffordable, they check out and give up. Our current model causes economic crashes, depression, high divorce rates and low rates of child birth.

Attached: E4dDS53XMAEsNNt.jpg (1004x982, 86.55K)

>Jesus Christ because then there would be a shortage of housing
as opposed to the current shortage of housing caused by bureaucratic overreach

>houses must be under arbitrary price
>houses must also follow a million building codes and regulations
Not sure if this is bait or zoomers are that disconnected from reality.
You are going to get the shittiest possible housing that is legal or more likely, people just stop building and making new housing because they literally can’t without losing money

Based, also we should be able to grow our own plants

Why dont they just require all that stuff too. Its really nit that hard. Require governement services to build these things. Thats the governments job, no.

Why do you need to make a profit on housing? I could go into the woods and make a shelter easy. I do that every weekend because the government doesnt do its job. I dont need to make a profit on that shelter. The same should apply to modern housing markets

Why dont they just make laws to prevent that? Its not that hard to build a house.

>just have the government do everything, that always worked out great

There is no shortage of housing. There are plenty of housing available. People can't pay for it but that doesn't mean there is a shortage.
I can't afford a Lambo but that doesn't mean that there is a shortage of lambos.

>not that hard
what do you do for a living?

lmfao there IS a shortage because there are MORE PEOPLE on the fucking WAY HERE.
Some of them are being born here, some of them are coming here, either way folks, everybody wants in on the endless welfare system/american dream (wherever they still offer this package at select US states).
If you haven't noticed, nobody wants to do fucking actual work.

>why dont we just let the gov plan the economy?
>why dont we just let the gov control price
Central planning doesnt work you subhuman commie dogs. How many times do you have to be BTFO about it.

The most they could do economically is put some limit on the amount of homes owned or some cap on salary or wealth. Price controls are elementary solutions.
Arguably worse.
>There is plenty available, but only to a select few with the proper papers.

No, there literally is a shortage of housing. Demand has outpaced supply for decades. And contrary to popular belief, if people built a bunch of luxury houses, that would already help too. Easing the upper level supply stops those people from going after lower level supply.
We are simply not building enough. The main culprits causing this are slow bureaucracy, zoning laws and NIMBYs.

because the government is run by land owners for land owners, rentoid
/thread

I build houses

Money printing certainly helps user.

Thats the governments job

No you don't.
You write b8 on Any Forums for people to get pissed at how retarded the world is. And it really is.

In my country there is also a "shortage" but building is limited by demand. They build as much as they think they can sell, but not more. I'm not buying the "shortage" argument. The demand is there but people can't pay the price. It's too expensive.

Not gonna mention big dick multibillion funds mass buying real estate to rent out with no plans to sell?

Price caps lead to shortages, simple as.

If people couldn’t pay the price, the price of housing would not continuously climb.

>> doesn't comprehend they/them is the only one that demands an authoritarian government

>>literally baffled that the government has little power, albeit still more than they should have.

>>probably thinks the media is they/thems trustworthy friend

Yeah i do. I work in construction. We build houses.

Based Singapore model

>People can’t pay for it but that doesn't mean there’s a shortage
You hook nosed shit eating gibbon, you watermellon crunching big lipped orangutang, you festering piss smelling nigger