There is literally no reason for Mega Evolutions to be in later generations

There is literally no reason for Mega Evolutions to be in later generations.

As of now mega evolutions do nothing but clutter up the game with what was supposed to be
a fun gimmick to attract fans, and it has run it's course and has been replaced with Z-Moves/Dynamax Etc.

Even if they were added into gen 9 they would be put straight into post-game with no reason to use them
since your pokemon are powerful enough to basically tackle anything with no sweat, Mega Evolving them is just overkill
at that point

>B-But muh battle tower!!!
Megas would be banned in battle tower and you know that. Plus there's better options to abuse.

>B-But they were added in Gen 7!
Again, post game clutter content. Nobody used it, anyway.

>B-But Competitive!!!!
As if you retards actually play competitive.

Attached: PKMN_All_Megas.jpg (1060x861, 78.13K)

You fucker

Unlike regional variants, Megas literally have no reason to return

Attached: Cursolation.png (680x567, 459.49K)

Whaaat is that pregnant one??

Agreed. those actually add something to pokemon.

Megas would have been perfect if they have been used to balance the game instead of shill CHARIZARD.

it actually could've been a way to make less popular pokemon popular but KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We are going to get just more Alphas and no new gimmick, aren't we?

Pinsir

nothing but a minor increase to base stats.

/thread

>no new divisive gimmick, only oversized mons
sounds pretty based to me

We'll get new megas in the gen 6 remakes

Attached: Screen-Shot-2020-12-03-at-1.15.22-AM.png (2000x1110, 1.63M)

NOTHING INDERCATES PINSER IS PREGNANT YOU FUCKING GAY CUNT

? post elo

Megas dont have strong reasons to return but they are almost all incredibly designed and it would be a missed opportunity not to have them return in some way

lol

then why did you ask? jeez

I see this thread so often that I have to ask; if you guys are going to keep making the same fucking thing over and over again and just agree amongst yourselves why do you pretend to try to make conversation

No gimmick at all would have been better, yeah
But after Megas happened, sticking with them would have been better than treating the Pokemon universe like some Simpsons episode and shitting inconsistent new stuff in every gen while entirely forgetting the previous ones

None of the games that matter have them now so why are you complaining?

I haven't played competitive since gen 5 little cup (1700s elo on account with hundreds of battles) and I couldn't give a fuck if they're in for competitive's sake. They always made OU terrible to play anyway