Does Gen 2 deserve to be called the worst generation?

Does Gen 2 deserve to be called the worst generation?

Attached: pokemon-gen-2-water-starter-bird-animal-hook-mammal-transparent-png-45509.png (1000x508, 100.55K)

What kind of question is this

It's not even the second worst gen. Or the third. Or the fourth

When was it ever called that?

The worst gen is the one that gets you the most [you]'s

6 7 8 and 9 are all worse than 2.

I don' know, but it certainly has the worst starters.

I mean technically gen 1 is the worst so no

no
/thread

technically you're a faggot

Not when gen 5 exists, hell no.

That's not Gen 1 and 4

No, Kalos is by far the worst gen

No thr worsr generation is Luffy and Law

gen 4 exists so no

Bit they are the super nova generation

Meganium bad

By me

About starters, yeah.

By far Johto ones are the worst.

Typhlosion is BIG CYNDAQUIL.

>Starters are either loved or hated with meganium indisputably being in the run for one of the worst starters (still love the line)
>Silver as a rival is arguably the last good rival we've had in a main line pokemon game
>Team Rocket 2 was a bit copy and paste, but was executed fairly well
>Legendaries were well foreshadowed and had amazing lore with the Bell Tower and are still among the best designed legendaries to date
>Had some of the most iconic gym leaders, and Lance's mid-game cameo and story involvement was good
>Amazing Elite 4
>Got to revisit Kanto in its changed entirety allowing us to challenge all the old gym leaders
>First and only game to introduce 2 new typings which were great additions to the game
>S tier pseudo legendary with the still one of a kind typing
>Final post game battle against Red was amazing

Major cons
>The dex filled with shit mons with nearly half of the new mons being complete shit and only having a hand full of great designs
>Shit baby mons
>Whirlpool
>Shit leveling curve (personally enjoyable, but can be grindy)
>Annoying telephone mechanic

Definitely far from the worst pokemon game. Id say gen 6 or 7 are in the runnings for the worst generations. Loved a lot of the new mechanics in those games, but comparing things like stories, characters, content, and gameplay, they fall short

Attached: 99330a1face943d21f1a2365399dd0f4.jpg (1050x753, 221.86K)

its the best generation you stupid CUNT

nah thats gen 8

gen 5 is the second best generation you gay CUNT

nah gen 8 has the worst starters

>>Annoying telephone mechanic
Shit taste. The phone was the best mechanic in Gen 2 and should be brought back and improved.

The Gen 2 starters are perfect. I love their simple yet charming designs.

>the best mechanic
kek

getting random calls from NPC that talk about pokemon they recently caught or your mom calling to let you know she's randomly pulling money from your funds was shit. Maybe they can revamp the mechanic so that maybe they call to tell you about the sighting of "peculiar" pokemon which increase shiny odds, I could see it being useful. Or maybe they can call to tell you interesting pokemon facts or lore about the region that you couldnt find any where else. but as implemented in gen 2, phone calls were ASS, and vs seeker tops the rematch function