Do pokemon need an education?

Do pokemon need an education?

Attached: 1645898420.kittyshoelace_324.jpg (903x1280, 126.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/l0Q_gm0aXUs
youtu.be/ljdgCCZ4Crw
youtu.be/sJo2jMnR2SI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How to seduce human male education

There's no need to learn what comes naturally

Fact

If they'd like one, I'd say yes! A Pokemon or Person should be able to learn what they want to learn.

Attached: 1551392829669.png (1995x1412, 1.19M)

did he transform into a pokemon and now has accept his new style life haha
imagine if that happened to you haha

Human-turned-Pokemon having to learn how to do moves and not destroy everything sounds kinda fun desu

Depends on what they plan to do with their life.

Attached: Pok--mon-Anime-Young-Jessie-and-Chansey.jpg (963x481, 59.56K)

If Pokemon can read then why do people try to make Pokemon translation machines? Why don’t they just give the Pokemon a pencil and notepad?

Why are Kirlias so smart?

They have highly developed brains

Pokemon are all incredibly racist, when given a pen and paper, all Pokemon will immediately write schizo rants about niggers that make Any Forums look moderate.

It could be that they can only read their own language, and those books were written by other Pokemon.

It could be they can read, but can't write, and instead end up writing only their name. Because language in Pokemon is very strange, it seems almost like ether the humans are under a curse to not be able to understand Pokemon, or the Pokemon are under a curse to not be understood, because they have no trouble understanding each other. But whatever it is, it isn't set in stone, see Mewoth and psychic types.

Attached: 13f6c942c9d08f84ea3ab380f4800dda4f7ae5der1-480-310_hq.gif (480x310, 1.35M)

My headcanon is it’s a curse that’s only undone with a combination of intense feelings of love and determination, that’s how Meowth overcame it. He was in love with Meowzie and determined to impress her by talking.

Attached: vap.png (451x677, 116.62K)

It has nothing to do with curses. The games and the pokedex has hinted that Pokémon don't understand people. For example chatot pokedex entry in PLA and a guard mentioning that Pokémon are able to form bonds with people despite the ability to understand them. The anime because of how long it stretches and because they decided to keep the talking meowth kinda muddles things in the anime because there's instances where meowth acts as a translator for pokemon that have been shown to understand people or generally how inconsistent the anime is regarding Meowth, sometimes people act surprised other times they don't seem to care at all.

The games don't have this problem because there is no talking Meowth
youtu.be/l0Q_gm0aXUs
And there's very select Pokémon who do talk like Rotom using technology, Zoroark with illusions, Arceus, both the lake and creation trio and Calyrex using telepathy. The games are a lot more strict on who gets to talk, at best showing Pokémon can mimic or pick up on a few words but no more than that.

Anime:
>Pokemon are highly intelligent creatures full of personality who have deep and meaningful relationships with their human friends.
Game:
>Pokemon are nonsapient animals. Characters occasionally make token remarks like “your bond is so strong” to trick the player into thinking their Pokemon aren’t just interchangeable beasts.
Why do the game writers ruin Pokemon?

Attached: meowth_face.jpg (1181x1023, 111.54K)

But as you pointed out, even in the games there are Pokemon who can speak and they don't seem to act as if that is all that strange, ether.

Now, for someone like me who grew up with the show and PMD and all the other Pokemon media making me see Pokemon to be as intelligent as the others, I'll admit it doesn't take much evidence for my thinking to lean that way.

But they anime version of the world is a more "alive" one by those standards anyway, so it is no surprise that people take so much from it and apply it to Pokemon as a whole.

Attached: Rotom.jpg (259x194, 9.24K)

Well most of those except two are legendaries. Rotom as I said is using technology to speak so it's not really talking talking if you get what I mean. There's an Oranguru, who are said to be extremely intelligent, who can barely piece together a short sentence, sounding more like a caveman than an extremely intelligent being. I think it was "Gu do it" and another one says something similar. Other Pokémon are shown being able to pick up on some words like the honnedge at the hotel but all it says to you is "weeeelcome" or something like that, like it can't say the word properly.

The best example of this at work is in Arceus.
youtu.be/ljdgCCZ4Crw
Skip to 3:45
Here an Abra gives you a letter from Cyllene explaining to you what it can do for you as well as the situation. 10 minutes later you get a scene like this
youtu.be/sJo2jMnR2SI
One of the lake trio speaking to you via telepathy. The question is why didn’t the Abra do that? By giving you that letter the writers are implying it can't talk to you, despite being a psychic type, but the lake trio can. The answer is that one is a common Pokémon and the other a legendary. Aside from Zoroark and Rotom only legendaries so far have shown the ability to speak via telepathy. If the writers wanted to give the impression that Pokémon can talk and communicate, at least psychic types, this was the scene to do it.

Well that hint has been repeatedly blown the fuck out by the NUMEROUS instances of pokemon speaking. Go west young Meowth is a piece of lore that has been constantly alluded to over the years with meowsie/his time learning to speak being a constant hang-up for Meowth and he did it by reading and listening to people speak.

The lake trio can talk because they have more powerful telepathy than Abra, not because Abra is too stupid to understand people.

I think the problem for many Pokemon isn't intelligence, it is that they simply don't have the vocal cords required to make speech as easy as it is for humans. Of course it can't say the word properly, it isn't that they don't know what they WANT to say, it is that saying it is near impossible with the biology they have.

Abra is not evolved yet, so there is that to consider, the imbalance between it and a legendary is even greater than you imply. It also probably isn't easy getting past the walls to speak into people's minds, and this Abra has had no reason to do so.

I think the game writers would rather nobody think about it too much. It is also possible that some of them feel one way and some another, which would explain a lot IMO.