Seriously, how does Game Freak cope when they see releases like this?

Seriously, how does Game Freak cope when they see releases like this?
>prease understandu, we are smarr indie company!
The Pokemon franchise is far bigger than Souls. It has so much money in it, yet they are still making excuses like this?
>haha i dont rearry know!
At this point it's beyond ridiculous. They are almost two decades behind the other video game companies in Japan like fromsoftware.

Attached: osejdbcrzkz2jqyogwaa.jpg (2000x1125, 251.93K)

I doubt they care that much if at all tbqh.

They cope by making more money in a year than those entire franchises will ever dream of making in their lifetime, and by seeing the literal drone army of shills who defend their anti-consumer practices online for free.

Gamefreak was for the entirety of their existence a handheld developer and weren't expected to deliver top-level graphics seeing as they were developing for such systems as the GBA, DS, 3DS.

Suddenly in 2017 Nintendo decides to basically merge their console and handheld formats into one with the Switch, and GF were now held to higher graphical standards.

The future is now old man

I doubt most of them care. There may be a few passionate people that wish they could do more but they don't seem to be in power if they exist.

They haven’t cared about quality ever since XY made them realize they could ship an unfinished game and the tards would still lap it up

They don't need to deliver top-level graphics. Just have a nice, charming art style and fill the games with fun things to do.

>how does Game Freak cope with the tens of millions of sales they get while using far, far far less budget?

>Just have a nice, charming art style and fill the games with fun things to do.
But they already do that though.

One game gas hundreds of trainable monsters and a functional multiplayer

They don't care since pokemon will continue to sell like hotcakes

Why spend 100 million on graphics when you can spend less than 1 million, pocket the rest and still make billions?

They should've keep using sprites and made something that looked like octopath

The look is okay but not charming to me and it still looks rough in places. It's getting better, though. Let's Go is more what I was thinking of without the chibi characters and have it not be grid-based. That was a pretty game and I wish they'd stick with that look and work to make it better.

They’re cutting down on the monsters and most people use Showdown for PVP because of the dumbass time limit

By not thinking they're competing with Pokémon, which is aimed at 6-12 year olds.
Maybe if you look at that and think it's competing with pokémon, you're the one with the issue.

>Seriously, how does Game Freak cope when they see releases like this?
morel like how do those studios cope when they see a pokémon game looking like trash and still making billions

Kids don't care about octopath though. 20-something nostalgiafaoggot secondaries DO care about it though, are you saying they should care about those kinds of people?

They don't, the devs are the ones making these threads malding at their work not receiving the blind billions pokémon does.

2 decades behind? homie you were not playing shit on par with PLA in 2002, that's a huge exaggeration

make low effort games in quick succession and sell literally millions

why would they put more effort in it?