Is SV's artstyle the future of Pokémon or just a fuckup from some new art director?

Is SV's artstyle the future of Pokémon or just a fuckup from some new art director?
New gym leaders, rival(s), team grunts, etc. are going to be revealed in the following months and while the 2D artwork will probably still feel Pokémon-esque, I don't think anyone is going to take those characters seriously in this passive kiddy Winnie Pooh style. Because of that, and because these protags seem really young (if not the youngest in the series), I just can't imagine them running around, doing summersaults off cliffs or getting attacked by wild Pokémon like in Legends Arceus. So do you think the PLA mechanics are kill?

Attached: pokemon-scarlet-violet.jpg (1800x900, 309.59K)

they wouldn't post that teaser if they weren't confident in it
so it's probably here to stay
at least change the shading style of the official art to match, gamefreak...

Obviously they outsourced character model creation to ilca and they’ll be fixed (besides gumby joints) before release

Attached: 342C069A-7A71-4B47-916D-575492AAF458.jpg (1757x902, 287.88K)

Anyone expecting PLA mechanics is in for disappointment. This is a standard game but open world. No throwing. No trainer getting targeted by Pokemon attacks. No action gameplay in general. Now the game could still be good but it won't be anything like PLA.

The artstyle is staying for Gen 9 at least. I'm asking if you people think the following Gens will adopt this style.

I really doubt GameFreak would outsource shit for a new-Gen mainline other than Creatures Inc.
The BDSP style doesn't look at all like SV, so I don't know where you're drawing the comparison from.

The map in SV is awfully similar to PLA's style. Some people have pointed out the tall and short grass are the exact same textures from PLA.
Knowing GameFreak's "one step forwards, two steps back" shenanigans, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the PLA mechanics entirely. What would be the point of a whole ass open world if you could only walk in it.

Attached: Pokemon-Scarlet-and-Violet-trainer.jpg (1600x800, 165.38K)

>The map in SV is awfully similar to PLA's style.
Not really though. PLA has segmented areas you access through a hub town. S/V is more like a full contiguous region map with no loading zones. The tall grass does make you wonder, but considering the official site goes out of its way to specify "battling wild Pokemon in order to catch them", I think it's pretty safe to say there's no PLA style catching, and without that there's no reason to have a throwing mechanic either.

Focus on the terrain: the grass, mountains, cliffs--and specially--the water and islands from the trailer. It's clearly the same engine but with a different shader. There's a scene that is literally Heartwood, even with the same Pokémon you'd find in it but carried over to SV.
I'll cut my left nut if someone datamines the game and SV do not turn out to be a development fork from PLA.
>PLA has segmented areas you access through a hub town.
Loading zones in Arceus is so fast I wouldn't be surprised if the PLA engine was already capable of being true open world but GF just segmented it to make the jump to the next Gen more impressive (like they usually do).
>the official site goes out of its way to specify "battling wild Pokemon in order to catch them"
Yeah, that one line has me pretty unoptimistic. We'll have to wait and see.

Attached: 3ce149f8-27ab-40ac-9e74-02a6afb656f3.jpg (1920x1080, 153.95K)

There won't be gyms. It just wouldn't work woth the school setting. Why would strong gym leaders fight a little school boy who hasn't even officially become a trainer yet?

The face doesn’t look the same but the Gumby joints and fingers and lack of post processing/corrective shaders sure does

Shaders and models are two different things.

>these protags seem really young (if not the youngest in the series)

How are they any younger than chicken?

I agree that it's the same engine, I'm more referring to the game design.

Also to answer your original question I don't really expect the doll-eyes style to persist in gen 10.

I'd say only the LGPE trainers look younger than the gen 9 ones. It's a bit of a jarring change since we just had a game with older protags

Do you think shaders are just like one size fit all minecraft packs or something

All I'm saying is that shaders aren't attached 3D object files or models, they're post-processing effects that affect the models currently rendered. I don't believe GameFreak outsourced the models to ILCA, but if they did it was just the models, the shaders need to be developed in-house for the engine itself. Models are just assets that can be easily imported later.

Attached: 1644894864709.jpg (1080x1310, 450.37K)

My first impression was that the school thing would be just a thing from the very beginning of the game. But considering how prominent the orange/grape emblems are in the trailer, then you're probably right and the school thing might be a focus throughout the whole game.
If they replaced Gym Leaders with Trial Captains/Kahunas in Gen 7, they can totally do that shit again but with teachers now. God damn it.

Attached: 1641140643224.png (1080x1065, 1.12M)

That’s why I said they don’t have post processing yet just like the bdsp models didn’t on reveal

Gen 7 looked younger

Attached: svp.png (1228x586, 879.55K)

Oh shit, I'm retarded. I understand what you meant now.
Who knows, the overall look in the SV trailer looks pretty finished considering GF's standards. Both SwSh and PLA had changes between their reveal and release intervals but the only things I can think of that were changed were floor textures.

SwSh IIRC improved the lighting on a lot of the cities compared to the very first preview, so I think we might get a similar situation since this is also a "the very first preview, likely footage cut months ago"

I think that we can be sure there won't be traditional Gyms simply because I don't see GF managing to make 8 (or more) unique cities when not even BOTW could do that.