Twitter fags and shills are already defending the idea of SV ditching the Catching mechanics of PLA

>Twitter fags and shills are already defending the idea of SV ditching the Catching mechanics of PLA

Fuck you, for once in the entire fucking series catching Pokémon was made actually fun, and people are okay with it being gone, which is even dumber because PLA has traditional catching anyway.
Fuck you Tahk0, I want to crack your coconut head you stupid bitch

Attached: 220909A9-AFB8-482C-9FC3-1E68D58DCAE0.jpg (1242x691, 133.89K)

>Unironically giving a shit about Twitter niggers
go back and stay there you little secondary

Sorry, but no. The PLA catching mechanics are great for Legends but they would completely ruin the point of a mainline Pokemon game.

You and your disgusting ilk are actually a fucking blight to this series.
What part of the fact that PLA and mainline are two entirely different kinds of games do you not get. You have to be mentally ill to want a downgrade to catching pokemon in gen 9 just because its faster when its not going to be a game about catching 20+ mons of each pokemon in the game.
Seriously stop fucking complaining. The catching mechanics in PLA are not even a third as complex as mainline, you don’t even have different kinds of poke balls or abilities that affect encounters. You are just an unironically mentally ill user that seethes over having to catch pokemon in the more mechanically enjoyable way just because its more time consuming than simply chugging the ball at a shitmon.
Get over yourself

This dude’s favorite part of the game is watching the battle intro

>The catching mechanics in PLA are not even a third as complex as mainline
Oh yeah so fucking complex

PLA
>see Pokemon I want
>walk up to it and throw a ball at it
>catch it

Gen 1-7 game
>think of a Pokemon I want
>walk through the grass for it
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>walk through the grass again
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>encounter happens
>oops that's not it
>press run
>finally encounter it
>throw ball
>catch it

>but they would completely ruin the point of a mainline Pokemon game
How?

>Tahk0
Literally who

>The catching mechanics in PLA are not even a third as complex as mainline
this has to be the most hilarious shitpost I've ever seen

Attached: vppla.png (1022x844, 64.93K)

>he doesn’t use type/gender filter abilities
>he doesnt use synchronize
>he doesnt use sweet scent
>he probably doesn’t even know about half of the abilities that affect shit out of battle
Furthermore, PLA is an action oriented game, gen 9 isn’t. Why you are attempting to force those mechanics into mainline puzzles me.

>open menu
>move stuff around
>complex gameplay
Copechama...

Ah yes the vague poster that post meme wojak edits without actually knowing what he’s talking about.

>You have to be mentally ill to want a downgrade to catching pokemon
How the FUCK is it a downgrade? You still have the option to catch exactly like the old games, so all the mechanics are doing is expanding on the concept and introducing new ways to interact with/catch Pokemon. It's an objective improvement that lets the player approach how they wish while giving the games some much needed variety because catching is still the same goddamn shit it's been since the original.

>twisting the argument and obsfucating details when they can’t come up with a rebuttal
Mentally ill

SV and PLA were developed concurrently, retard, there's no way they can feasibly implement PLA's mechanics into SV iwithout homogenizing the products into two identical results.
Wait until Gen 10 if you want to see it become franchise standard.

Not really. Its a method that invalidates a ton of shit involving abilities from the old method. The only reason PLA went this route is because its a game that not only is action oriented but also about Completing dex tasks so it makes sense to make the catching as trivial as possible since it what you will be doing most of the time.
You should just let them go the digimon route and let them have two different series for the same ip. Like digimon was world and story games pokemon can have mainline and legends games.

It's literally true though.

>Its a method that invalidates a ton of shit involving abilities
such as.....

Okay but the fact that our protags are wearing school uniforms gives them the justification to continue the research tasks in SV

>Its a method that invalidates a ton of shit
Hell yeah brother just like using Blaziken invalidates using shitmons like Emboar. only the best for me!!!!

It was already mentioned in the thread. Pokemon mainline uses abilities pokemon has to help you do a lot of things involving catching:
>type filter abilities such as magnet pull or flash fire
>cute charm for hunting opposite gender
>moves that affect encounter rate or such as sweet scent (this has been used in a myraid of different ways since this forced a horde encounter in gen 6 which was unironically a useful thing I wish would come back)
>compound eyes for increasing chances of finding held items
>synchronize for manipulating nature
>frisk for knowing what the held item is at the start of a battle, if its holding one

None of this stuff would carry over to PLA well, some are just simply completely invalidated.

>Its a method that invalidates a ton of shit involving abilities from the old method
Not really. Most of them you could still make happen by changing up when and how the pokemon are generated relative to the player's position/status, as opposed to just having them all generated at once like PLA does.

>TH-THESE ABILITIES MAKE RANDOM ENCOUNTERS SLIGHTLY LESS RANDOM!
oh...so it's nothing that actually improves the game compared to what PLA did?

Not really, you’re just dodging the argument by ignoring all the points and focusing on the basic detail.
Its basically what a child would do

I completely understand if people don’t like the action part and just want to go into a turn based battle, that’s most likely going away.
But that doesn’t mean the multiple catching options should too, that shit is a direct upgrade to Pokemon’s entire value and has to stay.

Your personal preference is an opinion not a fact.
What is a fact is that those methods are far more complex than simply running back and forth from a camp to continuously catch pokemon by just throwing a poke ball at it, or attempting to spawn something rare.
Its not like the battling component for catching or hunting items wasn’t downgraded either by the way as the only moves that made it to PLA that are useful for this are status moves and false swipe.

Mainline gameplay is fucking dogshit and Legends isn't, simple enough. Apply Legends gameplay to mainline and mainline stops being shit. We're not on the GBA anymore.

I mean, even if they actually bother to do this (they won’t), it still doesnt change the fact that you are trying to turn a turn based game into an action oriented game with dodging. Battling was essentially a waste of time in PLA.

If overworld catching stays they could just easily make the abilities work little diffirently. Something like throwing your pokemon that has frisk scans the area in front and reveals if the pokemon have items. Or sweet scent having chance to spawn more pokemon in the spot.

Just like they did with SWSH, am I right?

>Catching weak Pokémon by surprise, or using food to bring them out while you hide instead of having to battle every single time.
>Multiple sizes Pokémon

Nah, why the fuck do we need it, actual upgrades to the main formula? HAHAHAHAHAH

We made jokes about how these shills would defend removing the need to catch Pokémon and here we are, they gave us proper catching options, only to take them away.
Classic Gamefreak

I doubt they would do this, tho on the next legends title I WOULD like them to implement abilities and do this.
I’d still prefer not to have those things so the game can stick to actually being a turn based battler and not an action game like PLA.
Random encounters aren’t a thing anymore so its not like its a nuisance to keep it that way.

You do realise that trainer battles will still exist and that having a significant difference in how wild and trainer encounters play out is a major improvement over them just being the same thing?

SWSH has all those things except sweet scent which bdsp does have, in case you’re trying to imply those things arent in swooshy

You're aware you have tools to catch Pokémon in PLA right? You have bait, stealth sprays, smoke bombs, sticky globs, on top of the traditional way of just throwing a ball and weakening it through pure battle.

>b-but throwing a ball is more efficient than using items
Your opinion is irrelevant. Facts dictate that Legends has just as many options. If the game had abilities then it would have MORE options than any other Pokémon game. Not to mention the sheer potential of environmental interactivity these games could have if Gamefreak continues to improve on the Legends formula. You should be asking for a mainline game with Legends catching mechanics because of this.

Also Gen 9 won't have random encounters anyway so half of the encounter based abilities are useless. Throwing away real time catching is just making the player waste time to go into battle.

I think thats a personal preference actually. Like I said, I’d rather have a turn based rpg not an action game.

>for once in the entire fucking series catching Pokémon was made actually fun
No it wasn't. Catching Pokemon should be way more developed.
Here's an idea: you can't catch a Pokemon until its whole pack is fainted.
Now take ideas like that, alter them throughout, and layer them on top of one another.

all of that can be added to PLA's playstyle

Uh, how?

>just as many options
The items you listed help you catch pokemon through stealth and stunning, it doesn’t change the fact that catching is highly trivial in PLA.

I'm implying they were already "invalidated" even without overworld catching as overworld spawns exist. None of those work as well in SWSH, not even Repels.

>Let’s Go’s catching mechanics replaced the old way
>Everyone agrees it sucks and traditional catching is better

>PLA keeps the old way, but adds a lot more ways to find and catch Pokémon that is literally an natural progression or the series

>>>>>LOL ITS OKAY, WHO NEEDS IT ANYWAY
>>>>>IM GOING TO FALSEFLAG AND PRETEND PLA DIDNT HAVE TRADITIONAL CATCHING, JUST LIKE HOW WE PRETENDED EXP SHARE NEVER EXISTED BEFORE GEN 8.

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME
WITHOUT
FAILURE

Attached: 1672E510-0A14-45A0-8ED6-84ACADE41C3A.jpg (258x195, 14.23K)

Its more like you are removing the wild battle component for no good reason. It wouldn’t be much different to what LGPE did.

actual idiot

All those abilities are useful in swsh. i have absolutely no idea how you came to this conclusion.

>PLA is an action oriented game, gen 9 isn’t
why shouldn't it be? it clearly works better for pokemon

How could PLA catching have been a downgrade? The entirety of classic Pokemon catching was in PLA, too.

Except, as has been stated, the option to battle them normally is still in the game unlike LGPE. You are the one advocating for removing things for no good reason.

Its not that simple user. PLA didn’t keep abilities or moves other than false swipe that can help you in catching a pokemon in battle. I think its also important to denote that trying to catch pokemon “the old way” in PLA is a completely waste of time 100% of the time. Battling is useless outside of the games handful of trainer battles, even for catching legendaries.

How are any of these things fun to you? All of them are infinitely more tedious than traditional catching. The only thing that’s any good on that list is the Blissey thing, because it’s cute. The rest of it is bullshit.

Having the option while also invalidating the option is not exactly giving you options.

Except it isn't because battling also gives you more research points when you see moves and styles being used. Also fainting the pokemon.

>PLA didn’t keep abilities or moves other than false swipe that can help you in catching a pokemon in battle
Then add them.
>trying to catch pokemon “the old way” in PLA is a completely waste of time 100% of the time
Then make it so that there are advantages to battling them, or that the fierce Pokemon can ONLY be caught with battling.
Improve, not remove god damnit.

Ultra ball is invalidating Poke ball so we need to remove Poke ball? Remove Great ball because its just bad and no reason to use it?