What psychological phenomenon causes the majority of traders to be bearish at the bottom and bullish at the top?

What psychological phenomenon causes the majority of traders to be bearish at the bottom and bullish at the top?

Attached: 1652165455697.jpg (998x598, 67.89K)

fear and greed

/thread

High esteogen

fear and sneed

They are young bucks that have not been broken in yet

I would argue greed when talking about crypto. We all want to get the absolute bottom and no one is willing to buy within a range, ofcourse as we all know it’s not possible to time the market, but sometimes we just can’t help it. I could have bought BTC at 18K but I was waiting for 12K so I would make more profit when it eventually goes up but in retrospect I should have started buying under 20K

Don't forget low test

Gotta hit the gym

Attached: B6B3E8AF-BF09-4576-A50C-241CFF95A7FB.jpg (1200x1500, 355.85K)

Tops need fomo, bottoms need fear. If you have neither all you're left with is eternal crab.

Attached: thumb_when-youre-taking-an-economics-class-and-you-have-an-54759310.png (300x241, 52.08K)

oldfag here. you're supposed to dca when it goes below a price you are comfortable with and just hold. ignore all the bobos and mumus. it is literally that simple.

>it just keeps going down
>oh this must be the bottom
>nope
>down again
>seriously??
>wow that was a big liquidation
>3 months passes ok im glad the market has found a bottom
>-50%
>this is never going to end is it? im shorting
>profit
>short again with more margin
>profit
>all in short
>liquidated, bull market starts
reverse for bears

Recency bias.

Crypto is a Ponzi Scheme.
It’s backed by nothing. Not good, not a nations strength.

No earnings, no dividends, no inherent value.
Nothing.
Even bitcoin is backed by nothing but the limited issue.

Good = gold.

Any Forums culture user

what is gold backed by?

10,000 years of belief, and actual, physical existence.

lol

tops are formed in a bull market
bottoms are formed in a bear market

>person is friend or family you love
freely insult him
>person is asshole stranger
be nice and lick his boots

People are just backwards.

Because the price action justifies the fear play when it’s down so they use the lowered price as evidence for their fearful thoughts.

Selling is peak bearishness for the individual.

If everyone is bearish, that means everyone has sold; if everyone has sold, there are no sellers left. If there are no sellers left, there are only buyers.