Lads my consoomer reptile brain is trying to convince me that splashing 3000$ on a new laptop is a good idea

Lads my consoomer reptile brain is trying to convince me that splashing 3000$ on a new laptop is a good idea

Please remind me how dumb this is to make me more resilient to the consoomer brainwashing

Attached: F1D815EF-B323-4724-91AA-DCC7EF0A8D68.png (1669x1670, 297.99K)

If you want the m1 macbook pro it's worth it

if you spend 10 hours per day on computer and that laptop will last you 5 ears it's not that much a bad investment

but go for a macbook air at 999$ it will do the same thing

i buy a $1000 laptop every year... optimal budget and time used

Attached: d20-3847618893.jpg (600x764, 71.89K)

Don't do it. Your job should provide you with a high-end laptop. If you don't have a job then you shouldn't have a laptop but have a Desktop PC with dual monitors.

i have the same problem. almost bought a new phone i dont need this morning.

managed to make myself close ebay and forget about it. stay strong brother.

is there an windows proof laptop for under 2k?

i run two laptops, one with an external monitor

i never take either of them anywhere

that's weird but if it works for you who am I to tell you otherwise

I’m still using a MacBook Air from 2013

Same but I want a 1500 euros laptop AND a steam deck.

When it comes to laptops, buying expensive is far better than buying cheap. Especially if you need it to do work. Cheap laptops shouldn't exist.

If you want performance just get a desktop

I just boughted a 2011 macbook pro for 70 euros. No i'm not gonna pay 2000 more for the same thing but more shiny

Attached: 99E1A516-1398-43CA-AF96-25B78DB36302.jpg (957x1112, 610.57K)

>Buying an M1 chip Mac
Are you fucking insane or technologically illiterate? That's asking to get pwned.

There are way more frivolous things you could waste money on, a laptop is a decent investment

If you just use it for text writing and browsing internet, a 300 euros laptop is enough.

nah, if you need more than m1 air, you’re a wanker

What's wrong with M1? It's pretty fast in benchmarks

>He doesn't know
You son of a bitch, look up M1 PACMAN vulnerability.
You will get fucking pwned cause all MacOS users think they are immune but the M1 chip has a literal kernel access vulnerability at FUCKING HARDWARE LEVEL.
You don't lurk Any Forums do you?

Calm down dude, I was just asking what's wrong with M1 why the fuck do you gotta aggro like that

I spent 4K on a new M1 Macbook Pro a couple months ago. It's my 5th Macbook since 2012, and it's by far the best one I've ever owned. The battery life is amazing, even when running Windows ARM in a VM. That said, I'm self employed and do computer networking, so I write it off.

M1 chips are insecure at a hardware level, all you need to know. And for Any Forums needs, any computer that works will do. Even a fucking chromebook is enough. Unless you really fucking need an M1, you shouldn't waste your money and risk your privacy.

>Not using Linux
Baseddev spotted. Kill yourself cuck.

HOLY SHIT should i throwaway my M1 i use it exclusively for crypto dudeeee WTFFFFFFFFFFFF FUCKING HELL

Buy a 1k laptop and invest 2k. Have your cake and eat it too

For $3000 it will be a super powerful laptop but still shit power compared to just building a dank desktop PC (gotta spend a lil extra on rgb everything though if u r a true consoomer)

Attached: 1655682078217.gif (493x342, 479.53K)

I bought an LG Gram 17 for personal use and work use last year and don’t regret it even though I paid a lot for it. If it’s something you’re gonna need and use every day it’s not necessarily consooming, its more of an investment. If you went out and bought the latest iphone instead thatd be brainless consooming

Attached: 333F0375-DAB2-461D-A3EA-CE88C56BA794.jpg (700x700, 27.03K)

You can get a good laptop for much less than that OP. What are you doing with the laptop? I realised I just browse the web and play some light games with it so I didn't need the really expensive one and got a cheaper one instead

No, you can sell it to someone who actually needs an M1 chip for strong shit but if you care about safety, you should get a wagie tier laptop that relies on a CPU architecture that is not borderline experimental like M1. An old Mac laptop with a different chip would be perfectly fine.

I'm really happy with mine for last 2 years - my 800$ one lasted exactly 11 months

this. you want a laptop that feels ok to type on and has a good screen. battery time should also be ok. but that's it. you dont need any crazy specs on a laptop.