Would you prefer if the new games looked more like pokemon masters?

Would you prefer if the new games looked more like pokemon masters?

Attached: pm.jpg (1280x720, 174.36K)

They should at the very least, in reality they should look more like Ultimate Ninja Storm, Guilty Gear, or Persona 5. But all of that requires actual effort on GameFreak's part, so it'll never happen, at least not until 2035.

Yes

That would be exponentially better.

It's definitly a better style than the shitty pseudo-realism they're attempting with Gen 9

Yes, except with better outfit designers. Rosa's santa outfit was good but A LOT have since then have been awful.

bump

Lyra's summer outfit was terrible.

Yes. Fuck this realistic shit.

Based
Fuck GF for giving up the anime aesthetics and going for realistic trash

Attached: swsws.png (695x624, 879.89K)

Yeah actually.
I thought cel shading was the general direction Pokémon was headed.

I don't hate the character designs of PokéSpain and there's a part of me that wouldn't mind seeing how past characters would adapt to the style if any cameos are confirmed but I also think Pokémon's 3D visuals don't have to be realistic to be appealing. The look of 3D anime isn't hard to pull off, they just need to build a really good toon shader engine is all.

Indulge me, user.
What should it have been?

seething fat weebs
go jerk off to your waifus, pathetic losers

>IP count didn't go up
Is this a falseflag? Gen 9 is for more anime-esque than SWSH/BDSP were. The only real exception is the humans.

Not really, the pokemon also look way less anime
This pic shows it well, but the very fact they're trying to give realistic textures to the pokemon should be a big hint
They're distancing themselves from the anime feeling of Gen 6/7/8 and trying a more realistic approach (hence the lack of outlines and cel shading)

>They're distancing themselves from the anime feeling of Gen 6
Don't lump Gen 6 in with 7 or 8. At least its artstyle was moderately coherent by comparison.
>(hence the lack of outlines and cel shading)
You can just say you want the Pokemon to have zero detail and for them to look like plastic. BDSP had no outlines and used the exact same artstyle as SWSH yet no one complained-- but then Legends actually went back and did cel shade the models and suddenly there's sperging about how plastic they look when they don't look anywhere near as uncanny as SWSH did in that game.

>Gen 9 is for more anime-esque than SWSH/BDSP were.

I'm speaking as someone who doesn't mind Western inspired styles like Detective Pikachu and Kingdom Hearts NPCs, but Gen 9's trainer design reminds me of this more than anime. I'd very well fight the same hill if the Book of Life guy was making the next Mario game or if Powerhouse or the Korra studio was making a Zelda cartoon. So take your ulterior motive narrative and shove it up your ass.

Attached: Poohjp2-popup.jpg (650x486, 96.4K)

Sorry, last bit was meant for

>You can just say you want the Pokemon to have zero detail and for them to look like plastic

The irony...
Lack of outlines is what makes the pokemon seem less detailed (pic related, we can't even see pikachu's arms) and lack of cel shading tends to make the pokemon look more plastic

Attached: 1646204917328.png (826x956, 1.19M)

Legends didnt have outlines ane cel shading

>Legends didnt have outlines ane cel shading
It didn't need outlines. Legends is the definition of a cel shaded game. Learn what things mean before posting. You're embarrassing yourself.