So since it's open world like arceus, that means there will be travel pokemon again

So since it's open world like arceus, that means there will be travel pokemon again.
What pokemon will they be?

Attached: travel.jpg (1890x1060, 104.85K)

Hopefully our own.

All new ones/regionals just like PLA

Ideally you'd ride your own pokemon without gears or saddle
In reality we'll get some gay shit like in Alola

As long as it isn't some dumb shit like machamp carrying you..

likely not
honestly I'd prefer bikes and gliders and fucking rafts to having to use some special specific pokemon just to get around

Yeah if we can't ride our own I would take that. Something about having one assigned to you just sucks.

Machamp (and Sneaslee) were based meme rides.

The best choice would be to let you assign one of your caught Pokemon from the PC to be summoned to ride. That way you still feel like you are using your own Pokemon to travel, but it dossn't need to be on your team like an HM slave.

Only if there's an option to assign it to pokemon in your team for people who care about immersion (fuck magically spawning a non-party member out of nowhere)

Riding our own would be cool but it's quite delusional. For a game with a ~400 Pokedex at least, animating riding, climbing, swimming or gliding animations (if movement works like PLA, it's more complex than the Pokemon doing its standart walking animation with the PC sitting on top, there's jumps, boosts and that stuff) for maybe 100 mons each sounds like a lot of unnecessary work, even if GF weren't as lazy as we know. Maybe having 4 or 5 mons for each ride might be a nice middle ground, or at least letting you ride your own mon of that species, so size and gender differences as well as shinies are taken into account.
Realistically I would be fine with the ride system if, like in Hisui, it's tied to new mons, forms. One of the worst things about Alola was being in a new, lore-rich region riding on Charizard and Tauros.

The bike/glider idea is awful and was one of the biggest steps back SwSh had.

Do what SwSh does and let you use your bike for most things like swimming and riding cross-country. Do what PLA did and let any Pokémon rock smash.
Flying and Climbing? Well fuck guess it will have to be a ride pokemon for those but please for the love of god not a kantomon

>Riding our own would be cool but it's quite delusional. For a game with a ~400 Pokedex at least, animating riding, climbing, swimming or gliding animations (if movement works like PLA, it's more complex than the Pokemon doing its standart walking animation with the PC sitting on top, there's jumps, boosts and that stuff) for maybe 100 mons each sounds like a lot of unnecessary work, even if GF weren't as lazy as we know.

This. Even for a better studio that kind of thing just isn't feasible.

It's largely feasible
They'd just have to spent time on it (as it's actual gameplay) instead of trying to give ugly realistic textures to the pokemon models

>Flying and Climbing? Well fuck guess it will have to be a ride pokemon for those but please for the love of god not a kantomon
No reason they can't just give you a hang glider and rock climbing gloves or something.

Making a hundred different variations of ride pokemon isn't gameplay.

Fly on drifblim
Climb with that sneasel thing
Surf with a new pokemon
Ride on sawsbuck

Yeah bro, fuck using pokemon in a pokemon game
Just give the player characters vehicles and gadgets lmao, and let's name the game Just Cause 5

Attached: 000a49b4_68798021.jpg (653x654, 50.98K)

It is
Just like being able to battle with hundreds of different pokemon is an important aspect of gameplay

It would be nice if there are a handful of pokemon that you can catch that can be used as travel mons. It doesn't have to be all of the mons that make sense.

People saying it isn't feasible like we didn't have that in Let's Go.

>for maybe 100 mons each sounds
No way it'd be that much. For example lets look at the list of plausible flying candidates in Galar's (pre-DLC) dex.
>Noctowl
>Corviknight
>Unfezant
>Pelipper
>Noivern
>Braviary
>Mandibuzz
>Flygon
>Charizard
>Hydreigon
If you just restrict it to fully evolved Pokemon and cut out some of the more questionable potential candidates (like Butterfree or Xatu) you get down to a pretty manageable list of only 10 Pokemon.

Different Pokemon have different stats, abilities, typings, etc that effect how you use them in battle, and even then it's much more complex than one pokemon = one content. Unless you also want riding on Arcanine to be meaningfully different from riding on Bouffalant there's no such gameplay to be had. And if you do want that it's even more development effort that has to be put into a pointless feature that could easily be served just by having the preset ride pokemon or a bike.

I'd rather than effort be spent on things that could actually make the game good and not nearly completely pointless shit like that.
You have nowhere near the freedom of movement in Let's Go as you do in Arceus or presumably SV. The animation needs are far simpler.

If you cant bareback a pokemon might as well use a solo gadget like flying bikes

>open world
>>>like Arceus
user pls

Attached: Manster.jpg (820x619, 275.09K)

>animation needs are far simpler
The pokemon walk and run, what else do you need? Not all mons need to jump if that's what you're on about lol

1) This would be too much to do, even if GF wasn't full of lazy pieces of shit.
2) I don't want my team to be forced to have some Pokémon or others just to move around.
I just wish that the ItemFinder won't be again tied to a shitty mount, give me back the radar.