Shorting is literally having a cheat code

Nocoiners are enjoying schadenfreude because crypto is crashing but if you're short then it's a good thing. Shorting doesn't even exist to the average person or even Reddit investor.

Stop loss is the other cheat code.

Attached: 1614623259230.jpg (652x602, 60.35K)

Until you get margin called fagg, you're not Michael Burry or Steve Eisman

Shorting is the only way to make money in crypto now. Shorting literally is the new paradigm of crypto. I’m going to spread this on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube everything everywhere. Everywhere and everyone, Short short short short short short!!!!! Short to -$0 !!! Until not even 1 penny is left and then the BTC ceo will owe me money :) Did you not hear that everyone is shorting now? Omg like shorting is brilliant! BTC will ofc go down forever. You didn’t think that it would stop going down did you? Didn’t you hear? $10k by end of minute, $5k by end of hour, $1k end of day, and triple digits back to sub $100 end of next week!! Shorting is the best way to success!! I’m writing a book on shorting. Shorters, bears and bitmex foreverrrrrr and everrrrre!!!

Attached: 223.jpg (396x580, 28.99K)

>Stop loss is the other cheat code.
You had the entire fall from $60k to $30k to open a short. If you didn't short already you will probably baghold to zero.

how to as burger?

literally not allowed lmao. the absolute state of ameribeaners.

Attached: damn.png (786x615, 336.49K)

Too risky. Not happening. I rather be poor than in debt

Can someone explain shorting? I sort of understand longing but not shorting

Attached: 1652592086274.jpg (400x321, 12.67K)

A long term stock holder lends you his stock, you sell it to the market at its current value and gain profit, months pass and at a low stock price you decide to lend the stock back by buying it at the new current price, you profited the difference.
The catch is when the price goes up, the stock holder wants its stock back and you are forced to buy it back at a loss.
You can basically gain 100% of the stock value you get lended, but can lose ∞%

When you long you borrow USD to buy an asset.
When you short you borrow an asset to buy USD.

Longing is buying low and selling high.
Shorting is selling high and buying low, but you sell imaginary asset and promise to buy it later when it gets cheaper.

I opened my first short today and now I have to pay an extra $5k. I can't afford to lose that kind of money, but I was desperate to make it. Can I press ctrl+z or something now?

Stop using terms like "cheat code" and "hacking" where they don't belong manchild.

Buy usdc in coinbase
Make a kucoin acc
Send usdc to kucoin
Trade for usdt
Move to futures account
Make it

Don't tempt people to short. I don't want whales and exchanges trying to scamwick you asshole

Yeah but when does the stock holder want his stock back? Do I get to decide that?

When you go long who decides when you repay the loan?
It is no different.

You choose your leverage and the amount you want to pledge for your short, your position shows what price you get liquidated at, you can add more margin to prevent liquidation by raising the liquidation price or you can be sage and set stop loses and you can also set target prices for when to close position and you make money when price goes down, this is all you need to know

aave is for everyone

if normies were shorting just as much as they were buying then when wouldn't have these wild crashes in the first place

I'm under the impression that anywhere that allows leveraged calls/shorts is not readily available to people in the land of the freeeee~