Are you the type of player that goes out of their way to make a team with absolutely no repeating types...

Are you the type of player that goes out of their way to make a team with absolutely no repeating types, or does it not bother you if you have more than one water or poison type, etc?

Attached: 5A723C01-FA91-4B4D-B85B-9972249A4B68.jpg (1280x720, 223.93K)

why did those pieces of fucking shit take his espeon away

hgss started that and it's a blemish on the ass on an otherwise perfect game

I don't even like having two types on the same team that are too "similar," for example if I'm using a water type I won't want to use an ice type, same goes from ground/rock, fairy/psychic, ghost/dark, grass/bug etc. It shouldn't bother me because in many cases they have completely separate resistances and advantages, but it does. But when it comes to competitive play I don't care, I just use whatever works best in practice.

I try to avoid type repetition to get more interesting teams. However, most of my favorites fall into like 3 types.

Makes more sense for him to have Lapras since it’s a gift Pokémon in RBY. Besides why would he have a random Johtomon on his team?

I fucking hate that they replaced based Espeon with a fucking Lapras

it doesnt bother me to use overlapping types, in PLA i had 3 fighting types and 2 ground types

I think it’s logical to have different types…………or just one common type as a theme like gym leaders

since I played the game blind I just picked what I liked
but I did try to make the teams overall look nice

Attached: 1645039957373.jpg (3240x8807, 2.61M)

I used to care, these days I'll just pick anything. It's vanilla Pokemon, so using shitmons isn't an issue.

I miss the Espeon

You get a Eevee as a gift too
Espeon is canon evolution for eevee since it evolves without stones, with happiness

You also get an Eevee as a gift, and it's an Espeon because you fight Red in gen2

If I’m doing a regular playthrough then yeah I want to use a team with all different types but if I’m doing a nuzlocke then I want my strongest team of six against an opponent.

I have to REALLY like both mons for my team to share a type, but It still bothers me. More than two its out of the question

I go for aesthetics only and don’t mind repeat types. Actually I do a lot of monotype runs because a lot of times a bunch of guys of the same type look nice together.

>Johtomon
KYS RETARD

lol i thought i was the only one
bug and grass is the main one i get autistic about

No repeating types, at least 2 of each Atkers and SpAtkers, completely Pokemon introduced in the region, try to incorporate as many colors as possible to make the HoF screen pop a little more!

>Besides why would he have a random Johtomon on his team?

Attached: 1598439299798.png (1300x1300, 119.66K)

fucking hell, this board sometimes

which game would you say you enjoyed the most?

i go out of my way to have at least one repeating type
adds more identity to the team and also makes things more interesting when my type coverage isn't as good as it could be

Repeating types are OK for me as long as I have something to cover their weaknesses. Like if I have multiple poison types which can sometimes happen since it's one of my favorite types, I usually also have a water and a dark type of some kind to cover its weaknesses to Psychic and Ground as well as having coverage moves on those pokemon.