Was this miniseries made to defame the nuclear energy in preparation for

the Great Reset? Think of the timing. This series was released on 2019 and got people afraid of nuclear power once again, right when the WEF was planning to kick off their Great Reset, which entails weaning people off of modern energy sources and sending us back to the medieval era.

Attached: Chernobyl.jpg (960x960, 159.77K)

I actually watched it can recommend.
Also makes you realize how safe nuclear power is. They don't "just blow up randomly".
People in charge just fucked up horribly.

the show was about the incompetency at all levels from the city council to the country itself, the main character spends a good chunk of time investigating how it even happened because it required a huge amount human error in succession for the reactor to fuse

URANIUM

I watched this and still think all coal plants should be replaced with nuclear plants. It was just slavs doing slav shi.

It made me look up how many people actually died because of it. It was 31 in total from the whole thing. The biggest nothingburger in history and the nuclear scare was cold war propaganda through and through.

Nuclear is more expensive than proponents act like it it
The cost of cleanup and storage grows as time goes by
Only rewards support nuclear

>It was 31 in total from the whole thing
>The biggest nothingburger in history
This. Ridiculous the priorities some people make up for the rest of us to follow.

When people freeze and starve they will demand nuclear back on

If anything it is an indictment of the soviet system, the reactor just bookends it

>The cost of cleanup and storage grows as time goes by
yes, and it is still hundreds of times safer than anything else. it's true it has a higher cost of investment but that's not a problem if we know we need energy no matter what

*hundreds of times safer AND cheaper

Why get rid of coal plants? They're the most reliable ones around.

>It was 31 in total from the whole thing.
That was the propaganda number, user.

what is the real number?

31 is the propaganda number you fuck, you think the soviet union would come out and say ''yeah we fucked up big time. 100.000 died''

check that

Attached: 44ea8260-0321-4662-bbd6-789d85ae44f6.png (470x1280, 1.14M)

I was impressed with how competent the soviet military seemed. Was that intentional on the director's part?

Bitcoin isn't gold or silver. It never will be. Stop trying to make Austrian Economics with Bitcoin. It's a joke.

Official figure is 31, the UN says 50. If you know of a higher estimate post it.

still a lot of guys around who had fought in ww2 at that point.

This. It also shits HARD on Soviet Communism.

>only 50 people died
>there were absolutely no other adverse effects of the event worth considering

It didn't defame nuclear energy, it just shat on the soviet union.

quantify them and compare them to any other energy source.

molten salt reactors are the future
t. moltex energy private seed round investor

alright, how many people have died mining coal

Don't they have a problem with the equipment getting corroded by the fluorine salts? The Thorium ones at least any way

"only REWARDS support nuclear" ?

What the bloody hell does this even mean ?

I think what the miniseries didn't show is that suprisingly they managed to contain it pretty fine, considering being the first time a reactor blew up. The numbers are debatable, since the official number covers mostly the people dying immediately, and you can't accurately estimate how many more died due to radiation.

during all of history? probably tens of thousands. but nowadays probably very few.

but the relevant question here is how many deaths is caused per MWh generated by a nuclear plant vs how many deaths caused per MWh as generated by coal, wind, solar, etc.. including all maintenance, polutant outputs, and resources required.
every analysis of this sort that I've seen has put nuclear as significantly better than everything else, when all externalities and costs are considered.