Croconaw

>croconaw
CANON
A
N
O
N

Attached: 20220221_032523.jpg (3189x3189, 1.19M)

Never actually checked that nigga's size, was he actually that big or I got rused by the anime?

>Red Gyarados is lvl 30
>being underleveled is canon
>Crocanaw evolvs at lvl 30

Pryce first is the canon route holy shit

Totodile fits Gold/Ethan's personality more than Cyndaquil BUT giving him Totodile means Silver picks Chikorita, which makes no sense given that Silver is obsessed with strength at first and Chikorita is literally the worst starter.

He also stole his pokemon and it's very likely he didn't really have time to weigh his options.

> Totodile fits Gold/Ethan's personality more than Cyndaquil
How so? Not saying I mind seeing him with totodile sense it’s an interesting change of pace, just that the games don’t really show his personality

Of course, Mt. Mortar and Route 42 are the nearest points of interest you can get to after earning Surf in Ecruteak and that's why the Team Rocket plot won't go further unless you finnish the Lake of Rage events. Nevermind the fact that Route 38 is full of trainers and unavoidable tall grass and you must take huge detour before getting Yasmine's badge.

I've always chose Totodile so Meganium always had the evil quality to me just by it's association with Silver.

And what is Ethan's "peresonality" exactly? How is it expressed in game?

Huh, so the starter line known for its aromatherapy rehabilitates Silver over the course of the story. Checks out.

A laid back and confident skater kid, even though the skateboard eventually became cut content and despite being mostly a silent protagonist his few in game remarks and full sprite along the official game related artwork still carry on that characterisation.

Silver picking Totodile is canon

Attached: efc14ca1fe971902bca0a285e38470de.jpg (854x650, 74.16K)

The "canon" team for the player character is to have all the starters + some roadblocks/giveaway pokemon.

Attached: 596f6d22c728e5fe8101589fd17fa3402985a2b0_hq.jpg (461x373, 48.13K)

No, that's just because Yellow is the "canon" adventure for Red. That's why his Pikachu has a Light Ball. The only ways to get that item is to either trade the starter Pikachu or use Thief on his.

Imagine not picking Totodile as starter. Imagine not picking the objectively coolest starter in the entire franchise.
>NOOO the player always canonically has to pick the fire starter because uuuh fire means brave and uuuh muh shonen protagonist standards!
Miss me with that shit, Feraligatrbros WYA?

Water has always been the top tier choice, at least until Primarina happend.

what are you saying

and also grass starters don't fit bad guys/asshole rivals
they are meant to be the good guy's options, unlike the fire shitters

>a starter being drawn in official artwork makes it canon

Take meds

Most of the time Grass is actually given evidence more than the other types. Gens 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 (SM only), and 8 all have rivals or other characters whose starters make the most sense when the player chooses Grass.

this wtf is "canon", this is an RPG where you play a fucking blank slate who gets to pick whatever team you want.

Nigger Swampert is OBJECTIVELY the best starter in Hoenn that's not an opinion.

Perhaps Lyria or whatever her name is is the canon protagonist. She picks chikorita, silver picks cynda, ethan/gold picks toto

Swampert is great, but Brendan has been shown with Treeko and May with Torchic fairly consistently over time. The other person brought up "canon" starters, so I was joining that discussion, not which was the strongest.