Why did it take them 8 generations to make gym leaders that are actual characters and gym battles that are fun?

Why did it take them 8 generations to make gym leaders that are actual characters and gym battles that are fun?

Attached: 1637960111922.jpg (1050x899, 230.88K)

Pic unrelated

>literally one note characters with braindead, overly easy battles
Sure. I'd still fuck Kabu though.

because they actually cared this time. most people can't even remember the names of the gen 5 leaders.

Attached: 1616672713914.jpg (1280x720, 136.33K)

swosh is the worst pokemon game

For me, Clair was really memorable since she straight up refuses to hand over her Gym badge until her ancestral tribe leader calls her out. And Giovanni was the leader of the fucking evil team, and also the final gym leader.
There are lots of memorable gym leaders, just not from the DS era

pic unrelated?

>wow if we make interesting characters instead of one-dimensional cardboard cutouts we can make more money from the merch by appealing to the coomers
Simple as. Kids don't want to pay too close attention to story when they play Pokemon so GF tends to try and not let the human characters overstay their welcome. But now that more teens and adults play the games they're starting to care a little more.

Based taste

Yeah, they're real fun, sweeping the whole team until the last pokemon where the gigamax just slogs the whole thing down because of the ENDLESS fucking cutscenes before each attack.

i literally forgot who clair was until your comment

Are you homosexual by chance?

I don't like how almost everything we know about them is because they tell us about them in League Cards and not because we see it in the actual game, obviously is better than nothing (what previous leaders used to get with a very few exception) but eh, It's a step forward. Also
>Gym battles that are fun
Yeah... No

not exactly an achievement. gym leaders recieved zero character moments until gen 5. gen 7 doesn't even have gym leaders. when your only competition are cardboard cutouts even a single line of dialogue and a few out of battle events will be enough to make you interesting.
gen 5 leaders are the best of the bunch btw.

Attached: 1637458929814.jpg (786x1318, 185.82K)

Pokémon has never been good with making interesting characters.

why do you lie?

Attached: 1630404554099.png (636x900, 798.95K)

Who?

oh you're a casual, no wonder. opinion discarded.

Sorry your FOTM waifu is forgettable garbage with no substance

>gym leaders that are actual characters
It was in Gen5

allister and nessa together

> to make gym leaders that are actual characters
Gen 5 did it first though?

I only remember the hot ones like iris, elesa, and skyla. Gen 8 has hotter gym leaders by far, Nessa gave me a brown girl fetish (not in real life though).

>gym leaders that are actual characters
By what; having hobbies and relationships? That’s been a thing since Gen 4

pic unrelated?