Game has arguably the most retarded "villain" in the series

>game has arguably the most retarded "villain" in the series
>game acknowledges his idea/plan is retarded through other character's dialogue
>still expect the player to take it seriously
>finalized said retarded villain and had no issue with this implementation
I think, at this point, GameFreak is just blatantly ignoring quality writing. There's no way any of the writers didn't see how dumb this is.

Attached: pokemon-sword---eshop---button-1566932968514.jpg (1000x1000, 163.32K)

oh you mean like how Platinum has people in the game acknowledge that Cyrus's plan is fucking retarded yet you're expected to take it seriously anyway?

>kids game has bad Villan
>ignored all the other parts of the story outside the climax
I hate PLAshills. Yall will just bend over backwards to hate every game only to defend the newest one.

Rose should've waited until after the championship match since he'd have the full cooperation and strength of the two best trainers in the region focused squarely on keeping Eternatus contained.

10 years until the energy crisis. That's all they had to do to give Rose a believable motivation.

All the villains have ounces of stupidity but Cyrus is, arguably, the one antagonist that came the closest to his goal. Plus it wasn't for "saving Sinnoh from a crisis a millennium from now." He's blatantly selfish in his plan which makes him more dangerous than Rose, who just looks and acts like a bumbling moron.

Cyrus and Lysandre were far worse.

It's sad since they didn't have to make him retarded since he had good intentions at the end of the day.

Most importantly, why did they give Rose a beer gut? And why a hairstyle of a 20 year old that parties every weekend?

Lysandre's was also pretty damn selfish and was mainly just a front. When it came down to the ultimate weapon, he had no problem killing his own employees. By-the-books villain but it's still better than "durr i gotta piss off this pokemon to stop a crisis in a thousand years guys I'm super serious"
I thought the same exact thing when I first got to Hulbury. That plus his retarded logic just makes me think he's meant to be a total idiot.

Lets go over how completely terrible SwSh's story was
>Halfway through the game, Rose mentions an energy crisis that clearly doesn't exist (or if it does exist the game refuses to show a single shred of evidence of it)
>Rose somehow knows that the energy (Galar Particles) will run out in exactly 1000 years (again, there is no explanation for where he got this information)
>Rose feels that recreating the Darkest Day (the event that almost destroyed Galar) and somehow harnessing the energy is the best solution, which is the equivalent of Japan dropping a H-Bomb on itself.
>Leon actually agrees to this over-the-top "solution" but only asks that Rose give him one day, because Leon has a responsibly as the UNDEFEATED CHAMPION that the game hammers into our skulls
>Keep in mind Rose is the director of the damn tournament so he could easy just reschedule but this never comes up
>Then Rose tries to attempt this ludicrously dangerous plan by himself and surprise, surprise, Rose fucks it up and has to interrupt Leon during the tournament so Leon can bail him out
>it turns out that Leon can't contain Eternatus either, so it's up to the player (who only succeeds because the dogs swoop in at the last second and fight Eternatus for you but you somehow get the credit)
>Oh, and the alleged energy crisis that was apparently so severe to warrant almost destroying Galar never comes up again.
>Also, it's never suggested that Galar get a secondary energy source incase the Galar Particles "run out" again even though there's a golem made of pure electricity just a hop skip and a jump away, and even ignoring that over 90% of all Pokemon have elemental powers that could be used to provide energy (even if you exclude the ones Galar arbitrarily banned from their region)

That's literally all he needed to fucking do and he'd be in Oleanna right now instead of jail.

I'm sure they did, but the developers ran out of time and had to work with what they had.

>Rose actually waits until the Championship match is over, then approaches Leon and the player about Eternatus
>Leon already knows about it and talks the player into helping out as well, feeling that their strength could be useful
>The whole thing with Eternatus going wild still happens, but instead of Rose being a retard and announcing that he's bringing on the second Darkest Day, he sends out a warning to Galar's people, alerting them of a dangerous Pokemon's presence in Hammerlocke and to stay in their homes
>Here's where things change - the postgame shit involving dealing with Dynamaxed Pokemon happens here while Leon tries to battle and catch Eternatus
>After Leon gets his shit kicked in, the usual battle with Eternamax Eternatus happens and you end up catching it
>Because he didn't act like a major tard and actually waited, Rose doesn't need to turn himself in
>Becomes an optional Trainer that you can challenge in the Galarian Star Tournament, possibly leading to the kino teamup of him and Peony

Is he in jail, or is he on the run?

it's so contrived bros... they weren't even trying, they just wanted an excuse for an emotionally manipulative third act legendary

He turned himself in.

SwSh reeks of being unfinished. And its worse they couldn't finish it because they had to do DLC for Nintendo and tpci. A third version could have rescued a lot of this.

Was Eternatus even an issue before Rose went and poked it to piss it off? Aside from the one Perrserker the game didn't let you battle, because god forbid the perfect champion doesn't get more spotlight, I can't think of any point where this "energy crisis" was an issue.
I know Pokemon has never been known for its good stories, but this game coming after BW and even SM is just flat out insulting. I would say I hope the writers are demoted but I highly doubt it'd happen.

Honestly, if they reduced the amount of time for energy crisis to say 50 years, add in Rose has a terminal illness and has seen things go awry so he wants to take it in his own hands. It could somewhat work. But they had to be retarded.

While I was playing, I did notice a lot of places where it felt like the devs had more planned but the jews at TPCi wouldn't allow a delay. Explains why half of route 10 is a hallway and so many spots are roped off for no fucking reason.

A third version could have fucking rescued XY.

>>Oh, and the alleged energy crisis that was apparently so severe to warrant almost destroying Galar never comes up again.
>>Also, it's never suggested that Galar get a secondary energy source incase the Galar Particles "run out" again even though there's a golem made of pure electricity just a hop skip and a jump away, and even ignoring that over 90% of all Pokemon have elemental powers that could be used to provide energy (even if you exclude the ones Galar arbitrarily banned from their region)
Both of these are actually explained. For the first point, Magnolia outright states in the post-game that Eternatus ended up flooding the region with Dynamax energy as you fought it at the Power Plant. Rose basically ended up getting what he wanted in the end, which is probably why he turned himself in.
For the second, DYNAMAX energy is specifically what they need. The phenomena is wholly central to Galar's biggest pastime and their most culturally defining event, the Pokemon League. Even without the energy stuff it's perfectly believable that Rose would be worried about it running out, given he's essentially the one who runs the League in the first place.
Outside of those you're entirely right and the story is retarded. Carry on.

Attached: 1617129602644.jpg (536x754, 189.67K)

I realized on replay that Rose didn't unleash Eternatus on purpose on the day of the tournament, he was feeding it stars over a long period of time in order to explore paths of discovering infinite energy and realized he was losing control, which is why he tries to rope Leon in to helping him before he ends up exposing the fact that Eternatus is awake. This is unclear because
1. The game doesn't convey the escalating issue of increasing dynamax spawns due to Eternatus awakening (happens offscreen)
2. Rose and his entire organization try to stop you from intervening despite having no incentive to do so
Eternatus being unleashed was out of his control, and it just happened to take place during the league tournament. I wonder if, originally, he wasn't supposed to be an antagonist fight but they shifted it last minute because the formula demanded an evil base/boss fight.

Attached: meirl.jpg (600x721, 46.58K)

What do you think he's going to do when he arrives?

Attached: villainarc.jpg (640x360, 41.73K)

>dumbass beer gut man in the same league as ghetsis, guzma, and lusamine
Blows my mind.

Lysandre, Archie, and Maxie are there too so don't act like the standards are particularly high

>I wonder if, originally, he wasn't supposed to be an antagonist fight but they shifted it last minute because the formula demanded an evil base/boss fight
It feels so incredibly tacked on. The entire game you're told not to worry because based Leon is taking care of it, and that it's a matter for adults so kids should focus on the league. NOW it's an issue and we're suddenly supposed to be serious and concerned over this plot we had no stake in from the beginning? God damn at least Team Rocket felt more properly integrated into the "plot" of Kanto.

Fair enough. Archie and Maxie are dumb as rocks too but I still think Rose is the worst.