S/S defenders blown the fuck out. Turns out removing Hidden Power (and Pursuit, Signal Beam, Frustration...

S/S defenders blown the fuck out. Turns out removing Hidden Power (and Pursuit, Signal Beam, Frustration, and Return) WAS a bad thing afterall.

Attached: HsAjeKd[1].png (753x248, 16.2K)

The problem with removing hidden power was many Pokemon needed the move to have any coverage at all, but Game Freak couldn't be bothered to fix the movepools of Pokemon that need moves, They were too busy giving the Kanto starters and other shillmons even more broken movepools.

Attached: 1641509915752.png (900x614, 314.84K)

???

Why complain about Soul Silver this late?

wow, a literal who poll most likely taken by retards who never touch competitive, I’m quaking in my boots

Okay but they need to post their elo

Hidden power was one of the biggest causes of hacking. It made breeding on cart special attackers awful and only appealed to showdown players/hackers. Give pokemon better movesets not clutch coverage that no actual ingame player can utilize

Hypothetical question: If they brought back Hidden Power, but gave it the properties it has in Legends, how would this affect the meta?

This. At this point I basically only have to inject TR legendaries. If they could add a rusty bottle cap or something then I'd be able to make all my standard teams in game outside of really weird stuff like Lonely Stakataka.

Hidden Power can fuck off. A 60 BP move that is entirely dependent on a Pokémon's IVs should NOT have to be a crutch because a non-legendary special attacker's movepool is shallow. In fact, Game Freak should be buffing movepools for every special attacker that ISN'T a legendary or already has a good movepool.

Crocune type of sets dominate the meta.
Since it changes type to always be super effective, you only really need Hidden Power, Calm Mind, Recovery, and some 4th move like Sleep Talk or Acid Armor, or if you’re something like Kyogre with Rain Boosted Origin Pulse.

Rusty bottlecap is a good name for a good concept and I'm also of the opinion that we should have that available

Maybe they could have made it so you were allowed to change Hidden Power’s type without it being related to IVs?

That is the root of the issue, yes. Game Freak is too incompetent to balance, so Hidden Power was a necessary evil to balance the game more for them.

Attached: 1610827074172.jpg (585x372, 18.85K)

>Make the game deliberately harder for yourself by jumping through hoops to get the HP you want instead of just injecting
>Complain about a necessary move that kept 1/3rd of the Pokedex from being utterly irredeemable
>Wonder how Landorus-T is more popular than ever

They should, but they won't. Hidden Power is also necessary for Pokemon that would never get a move of a certain type. GF removed HP Fire and didn't give Magnezone squat, and now it has to a run a gimpy Iron Defense + Body Press set to counter Ferrothorn (and that's assuming Ferrothorn isn't also running that set, which it has done when Magnezone rose in usage). GF removed Hidden Power and Signal Beam and gave Jolteon jack shit.

Game Freak is too incompetent to give Pokemon necessary movepool adjustments, so removing HP was a bad thing. If Game Freak wasn't one of the worst developers in video game history, it would be a good thing.

>le "hidden power magically made my shitmon good" meme
fuck off

wow that's either a really small wailord or a massively tall guy

>and Signal Beam
Still pissed about that one. Not only was it nice coverage to help with Psychics, but I always loved its animation, especially in gen 3

Attached: Signal_Beam_III.png (240x160, 29.73K)

>Serperior
>Manectric
>Jolteon
All ruined. Well, Serperior got snapped, too, but even if it were back in the game it'd be a shitmon again since you could switch in any Steel/Flying/Fire/Grass/Poison type with a decent SpD and wall it completely.

Carefully explain how the absence of Hidden Power doesn't make certain pokemon worse and certain pokemon better, I'll wait

Jolteon might be saved if Hyper Beam retains it's lack of recharge next gen

Does Hyper Beam have no recharge in PLA?

It slows down your turn order, but if you're Pokemon's fast enough it can balance it back out.

>They should, but they won't. Hidden Power is also necessary for Pokemon that would never get a move of a certain type.
I remember one of the sets for Aurorus in gen 7 PU having Hidden Power Rock instead of Ancient Power because the latter's 5 PP was too low... for a 60 BP move.

It's almost as if there should be more special Rock-type moves.

>>Serperior
not in the game
>>Manectric
dogshit regardless of HP
>>Jolteon
dogshit regardless of HP

get better arguments

Just give it Power Gem like it should've had from the beginning.

why would soul silver be divided by slash?

Even then there should be more special Rock-type moves than just Ancient Power, Meteor Beam, and Power Gem.

Fuck it. Just have Stone Edge be either physical or special depending on which attacking stat is higher.