Now that shinies are no longer rare or special and you can easily find 3/4 of them on a regular playthrough do you...

Now that shinies are no longer rare or special and you can easily find 3/4 of them on a regular playthrough do you still care about them?

Attached: 1613770004881.png (1920x1080, 2.59M)

Never did

I mean sure, I never too post XY shiny hunting seriously anyway. Besides, I like to look for shinies in Pokemon Rumble so getting a bunch of them isn't a new thing.

Only up to about gen 4 or 5.

Attached: green shinies.jpg (466x84, 11.38K)

yes because I don't play nugen games

I stopped caring about shinies the second time I went online and faced a team a team of 6 perfect IV event move shinies

No, I haven't ever cared about "easy" shinies and I think GF making them easier to obtain for lucklets was a mistake. Shiny pokemon aren't even special unless they're full 1/8000 odds and appear during normal gameplay, I played PLA for four hours on an emulator and still had shinies popping up

Attached: EcnG6cCXYAApzif.png (487x407, 278.96K)

I can't help but wonder if the 242 pokemon in arceus will have their shiny forms devalued and the last effects it will have on the economy. Do you think people will demand multiple arceus shinies for their comp ready pokemon/shinies not from arceus?

This, I've found a few shinies and never catch any of them

I like them and I think it's a welcome change that adds life extension to the game. Grinding for days for your favorite palette swap is dumb.

It should be rare, not unobtainable. The fact that most players never (naturally) run into one makes a dumb gimmick.

I care about them more than ever. Shinies are just cool alternate palettes to me, I don't care about muh rare achievement (aka get lucky or force the RNG).
Being able to get them at a reasonable rate makes them a lot more appealing.

Absolutely these. I like the way they've made things. I only go after ones whose colors I actually like, so I'm glad I can get them without detriment to my health. I got my Shiny Hisuian Braviary and I'm really happy exploring around with it on my team.

imagine ever caring about shinies. just generate them if you like the alternate palette that much

Attached: 1638576427571.png (616x393, 60.84K)

Haven't cared since gen 5 and 6

I only cared about them in Gen 2.
Little me thought the Red Gyarados was the only shiny in the game, a one time thing created for storytelling purposes. When I saw my first random shiny I was blown away.
Nowadays, knowing the odds and mechanics behind the shiny encounters, and having seen the sprites/models for most of them, the magic is gone completely.

A gimmick? This stuff wasn't advertised, the closest it got to that was the red Gyarados and the free Ponyta. Shiny Pokemon were nothing but a rare surprise that were rarely mentioned in any official capacity and it was better of for it. Making it a selling point by handing them out for free was a mistake.

thanks for leaking your OT, enjoy the blacklist.

the funny part here is that only the pokemon fandom is autistic enough to consider shitty color palette swaps as something to be worshipped lol
GF doesn't have to do ANYTHING except change a couple hues on their monsters and all of a sudden a bunch of retards will play their games for thousands hours more, literally the perfect excuse to not have to work extra

'shinies' were a mistake, it was funny at first but it got out of hand and they need to add actual color variations to all mons, they can make some of them rarer if you want, I don't care, but this shit shouldn't be worshipped especially considering it was nothing but a silly bug in the first place

You say that, it still took me a day to spawn up a cherubi from an outbreak.
In answer, yes - as long as it's a new entrant for my shinydex. If it's a repeat, I don't get as much of a kick, but it's still nice to find them (got a shiny 'karp trying to fish up a feebas to SOS chain for a shiny and found a third shiny Salandit, the first male, trying to find a magby with Magmarizer in Gen VII).

Honestly I'm glad shiny pokemon are possible to just randomly come across, adds some extra spice into a pokemon and might incentivize you to use one you didn't plan on going for.
It's nice to just have a pokemon that doesn't look just like all the rest every once in a while

These are the kids that the developers said were too busy with phones and stuff to play the games past the e4 and the reason every new game is shorter than the last and has less content

>effects it will have on the economy
I'd be more worried about what has done to your pwecious "economy".

>change a hex code
>autists then spend 1000 more hours on your game to get these repainted monsters
will never understand the mentality of shinyretards. like human magpies, with the same brain capacity.

Post game content was never good in any pokemon game, and it's all due to how limited the gameplay is, stop fooling yourself

meh, pkhexers have had minimal effects on the economy. the discords and the subreddit I use for trading have pretty good methods to keep it pure. OTs are really good about that.

>only the pokemon fandom is autistic enough to consider shitty color palette swaps as something to be worshipped lol
Literally every single hobby that involves collecting from coins to cards to cars emphasizes rare defects, alternate colors, and scarcity.

lmao user actually thinks walking back and forth for hours on end is content
play a real game

How is PLA is shorter than the last game? You sound like an idiot on the street rambling.

>It was always bad so it can stay bad
>It's not supposed to have content
Cope niggers. You'll never have a good pokemon game like the oldfags

>bro look I got this super rare watch that I recently added to my collection!
>what makes it so rare??
>it's broken bro!
cutting edge autism

You are absolutely retarded. Look up how much misprinted or miscolored TCG cards cost.

There's a pretty substantial middle ground between ADHD zoomers and spergs who grind 10000 eggs for a slightly different color set of pixels

user, I bet you my removable teeth (can't give ye me back ones, got them out as they were impacting others), you traded for a hack at one stage. Shit, I traded a legit RE sawk away and I'm pretty sure I got a hack in return and I've only ever traded one shiny outside my own games.
But yeah, keep thinking they're legit, not as if hackers haven't been duping everyone from 7 year olds to VGC judges for years with them.

Bad analogy, EVERY TCG card's through the roof because retard youtubers, covid and young, nouveau riche professionals buying the shit they couldn't own in their childhood's inflated the market massively.

I was catching mankeys in yellow and you were still sucking on your mom's tits you retard, there's never been any meaningful 'post game' content to any pokemon, it was just all autistic bloat meant to keep kids playing their game until the next game came out, it was never good, it just tickled the autism of kids that had nothing else to do because games were harder to get back then and pokemon was unique, what the fuck else were you going to do? Play mario kart again?

This is not the case anymore and trying to ignore that fact only makes you sound retarded

Fuck yes, retard

oh no doubt that some hacks make it through, but my point is it's minimal if you stick to reddit and discord. OTs suddenly become good indicators that some pokemon are legitimate through repeated trades showing legitimacy. It's a satisfying feeling. While the occasional hacker will show up, it's not too big of a deal since they'll usually shortly fuck up and get their OT blacklisted and devalued or shortly stop trading since they have no reason to trade as a hacker.

>This is not the case anymore
Less is more, we have the trifecta of zoomer cope

I used to spend 6 hours hatching eggs for a shiny. Now I spend 6 hours going through mass outbreaks. It doesn't make much difference.

Attached: b4kjrloujbc61.jpg (828x1039, 277.35K)

Braviary is the patrician shiny this time around & I love it. Glad such a cool mon is getting so much love.

they took the only american pokemon and made it japanese... it's fucking disrespectful...

Yes because I usually find precisely jack shit randomly. Finding this little bugger, and right after I caught an alpha Goodra, was probably my favorite shiny encounter I've ever had.

Attached: smug goomba.jpg (1060x531, 176.41K)

It's fine, I'm not stupid enough to expect anyone that wasn't there to understand what I'm talking about, just stop trying to sound like you were there though, that just makes you look brainless

Know what assures a hack free experience?
Hunting them all yourself. You said it yourself, even leddit and siscord can't cull hacks entirely. So why even bother risking getting a hack, when the fun is in looking for the wee fuckers yourself and not have some other scut's potential hack, never mind the lack of attachment to it, as it was someone else's.
You want to profit off hinyines, do what the hacktards do, start selling them on ebuy. But please don't insult my intelligence by inferring there's a value to shinies, when personal value is the only thing that counts and if you're at the stage you're looking rid of what you have, may as well start that ebuy account.

Persona bird is pretty cool, yeah