So why are they hated?

So why are they hated?

I stopped following the anime when XYZ and only watched a few single episodes of SM

Someone explain to me why many hate GOH?

Attached: Go.jpg (1280x720, 79.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ranker.com/list/mary-sue-gary-stu-anime-characters/anna-lindwasser
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wasted potential

As someone who hasn't watched the anime in awhile, I'm really liking Journeys.

The people like to pull something out of their asses to hate on Goh.

Insecurity of their attraction to a male character

Character is generally fine, but I hate his design. Reminds me more of a digimon protag

The internet saw through the extremely obvious trope of traps the anime writers wanted to finally include, so as a fuck you the swimming episode was delayed so they could adjust all the other future episodes into Goh actually being a boy.

He catches all the cool pokemon that Ashfags wanted Ash to catch

Also he's not a girl so that triggers waifufags

meant reverse trap sorry

qrd?

>they
It's "He". He's a boy. "They" is for multiple people, ESL tranny

The people hate that Goh catches Pokémon easily with minimal battling. Then the same people who hate on Goh ends up enjoying PLA game because of the catching aspect, fucking hypocrites.

mary sue

Ash is that too

Y'all clearly don't know what is a Mary Sue.

people hate him because he actually encapsulates what the series is about (collecting monsters) instead of being a character who just uses three shillmons the entire fucking show.

I only watched like 10 episodes of Journeys because it sucks but basically
his goal in practice is uber boring because catching pokémon isn't actually fun to watch. He's sort used as the audience's vessel for reintroducing a bunch of stuff and his dynamic with Ash isn't anything special
but a lot of this may seem like pulling random shit like said so I'll just say he's not charismatic

Goh is nowhere near a Mary Sue/Gary Stu, outside of catching Pokemon he acts nothing like a Gary Stu.

How the fuck do you even be a mary sue in a pokemon anime lmao, pokemon doesn't have stakes, the antagonists are comically incompetent except for a very brief period in BW and then they just decide to become incompetent again, what am I missing here, how do you get so invested in this nothing sandwich of an anime that you think a mary sue even exists?

>Mary Sue=!power level and stakes!

This answers nothing.

he's caught more pokemon than ash and this makes ash self inserters seethe.

Mary sue

Goh is not anywhere near being a Mary Sue, he doesn't behave or presents himself as one, nor is he a character who is easy to self-insert as which most Mary Sues/Gary Stus are defined by, like half the anime characters on this list.
ranker.com/list/mary-sue-gary-stu-anime-characters/anna-lindwasser

Attached: 69fd5aa8e.gif (600x338, 2.87M)

HE TRIPPED HE TRIPPED

Ash is a bigger Gary Stu than Goh could ever hope to be.

Goh is for Pokemon Go players to self insert as
Ash is for normal Pokemon players to self insert as

He's kind of an obnoxious selfish prick.