Is LASIK a good investment?

Is LASIK a good investment?

Attached: 1637732894390.jpg (660x574, 151.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oxuQpvyom4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I went for one consultation, said im suitable for lasik but not implantable contact lenses.

Went for another and they said im suitable for implantable contact lenses, but not lasik.

Its frustrating. Anyways defo get lasik before the complete collapse and The Road happens, you dont want to be in Mad Max with bad eyesight

I got PRK for $3800 and it was the best thing I ever did. PRK is better than LASIK.

Anyone get SMILE here before?

good luck going blind. my dad is an optometrist and he still wears glasses. what does that tell ya?

>implantable contact lenses

first time i've heard of these, sounds sketch desu

Does lasik fix near sightedness? Also can I like pay extra for them to put me to sleep during it? I have bad anxiety about doctor's cutting me open

Attached: 20220614_202752.png (800x567, 355.88K)

heard this a few times before actually, don't know what to think of it

>I have bad anxiety about doctor's cutting me open
they give you benzos before the operation
also some of them have the option to have the laser do all the cutting, so no scapel

Yeah very new technology. Supposed to last longer than lasik. Less invasive.

I need more information to be honest

Yes. I did it and it was the best money I ever spent. Only regret was not doing it sooner

When Mad Max happens what do you suggest? Unfortunately your pops wont survive. Neither will i unless i get this fucking surgery which will cripple me financially

Got PRK, shittiest vision ever (severe myopia) to 11/10, great deal. Had a shit week because of recovery but now 11/10 and enjoying it every single fucking day.

Do it while you're still young (but check the surgeon, dont pick your local butcher)

They put eyedrops in your eyes to numb them, and you dont feel anything, its like someone shining a light in your eyes.

this dude is kinda selling me on it

youtube.com/watch?v=oxuQpvyom4s

was it weird during the procedure? any reason to do prk above all else (lasik and ICL)

>no scapel

Scalpels arent used at all, its literally a laser shined to change the refractive qualities of the cornea. It takes 15 mins per eye

5 weeks post-op here

Double vision, ghosting, dry eyes and best of all a residual refractive power of -1.75 diopters on both eyes.

Doctor refuses anything went wrong but can't say what happened.

So now I'm stuck using cheap Walmart glasses while I can't go to work because I can only read text on a pc for about 5 minutes in the morning before everything turns to a blurry mess.

So yeah. Don't do it.

How much did you pay? I've been quoted £7000 because of my astigmatism.

Did you get the basic package? What was your aftercare like?

Do you see lines coming off light sources? Im sorry it went wrong user.

fuck, this sounds fucked up user, hope you get better

With a high end daily disposable contact lens it doesn't seem necessary. Try acuvue oasys

I had lasik, twice

Was 20, used student loans to get LASIK for 3k for the lifetime care, said my vision would likely degrade against as I get older so thats why I went for lifetime. Depending on how much they need to fix, you can only do it a limited amount of times in your life. LASIK was kinda sketchy because you could detach your retina if your not careful.

Again at 31, a few years ago, this time PRK. Thanks to the package I got I paid less than a 100 for pharma meds. No mini-saw this time just pure laser, but you literally cant see anything other than a blur for a week so you need some one to drive you home at the very least. Also turn off all lights and be prepared to stay in bed 20 hours a day, hope you like podcast. After a few days though I was able to get on my computer, just had to turn my blue light filter to max because it gave me a headache.

my bad, not a scapel but they used a kinda cigar cutter type thing when i got mine iirc, to create the corneal flap, then the laser did the rest

but i got it done in 2012 so the method has probably been updated since then

Didn't really get to choose between PRK and Lasik because my cornea wasn't suitable for Lasik (SMILE wasn't even on the table in my area).

The procedure is intimidating even if the surgeon explains it a lot beforehand. I mean the surgeon is touching your eyes ^^

You're lying on the table, there is a bright light in front of your eye. The guy put a lot of eyedrops to numb the eye, 2min per eye, and voila.

The weirdest feeling i remember is that i saw crystal clear when i left the room and it started to blur the rest of the day. Didn't see clearly for a week (cicatrization). This part can be a little scary but if you put the prescribed eyedrops regularly to speed up the healing process, it's ok.

Plan a week off tho, you wont be able to work. I watched Scrubs for the 10th time and listened to podcasts the whole time