What is the point where you lose interest in a region?

I find that with some of the mainline games, there's a point where I always lose interest and i'm curious to see how others may differ. By region:

>Kanto and Johto
I can play all the way through. Even if I start out just to test something, it turns into a full playthrough.

>Hoenn:
It's when you leave Lilycove to the right and the game just becomes blue, surf.midi, trainers just use water types and there's a wild encounter with Wingull/Tentacool at every step.

>Sinnoh:
Veilstone city. DP are already pretty slow and the pacing, needing 2HM slaves and obstacles such as "slow you down mud/snow" are really off putting.

>Unova:
Surprisingly replayable. I've always preferred B2W2, but as someone who use to hate BW, I can actually play it all through.

>Kalos:
2 badges in and even then, I struggle to be bothered to get that far.

>Alola:
2 kahuna in. I love a lot about gen 7, but the cutscenes are a turn off.

>Galar:
I've beaten it twice, but if I ever go back, i'm bored after the first 3 gym leaders.

Attached: image_2022-02-15_125611.png (1080x600, 561.88K)

Always the water routes and the part of the game where you’re just battling the evil team’s grunts in rapid succession (usually when you’re infiltrating their base).

Is that Hoenn specifically or does this apply in general?

Hoenn is the worst offender for the water routes (around the same place OP mentioned) but it’s a problem in most games. Most games’ water routes are at most 3 so it’s not a big issue but I usually take a break before doing it in one go

In Unova, both in BW and BW2, around castelia, which is when you realize the game is just kinda boring and linear.

Silph Co. in kanto. I hate how anxious the music is and I can never remember where to go so I just warp around until I find the card key.

Yeah that's fair.

I use to lose interest around there back when I hated BW.

>Kanto
I guess Cinnabar? because you essentially did all the region, but I still play all the way through usually
>Johto
all the way through
>Hoenn
Lilycove ye
>Sinnoh
Hearthome. usually stop playing after it lmao
>BW Unova
Icirrus maybe? usually play all the way through tho
>BW2 Unova
all the way through
>Kalos
the castle near Route 7
>Alola
first time you go at Aether Paradise, so after two islands
>Galar
I know fuckall dude, probably the second rival battle

All my interest in the usual mainline games comes from battling someone else every few levels so I guess I don't lose interest.

>kanto
Again around silph co, unless I'm really feeling it.
>johto
I lose interest usually before the team rocket stuff in golden rod if I'm not in full gentoo mode
>hoenn
Lillycove. I have grass and electric mons usually but unless I'm really feeling it I'll stop.
>sinnoh
Canalive city.
>Unova
Unless I'm feeling it I usually quit around Nimbasa for both BW or 2. However if I press on with BW2 it will be around the time you get to the new Mexico type town.

What is it about the evil team shit that just sucks the fun out of the old games? Why does GF give them such boring teams?
I really dont replay the 3DS games. And still haven't bought swish

you didn't play SwSh either? because I did despite not buying it lol

I always like doing silph.
It's a very concrete location usually with a good gimmick and with a shitton of floors to train on.

>Why does GF give them such boring teams?
Because clearly the biggest threats to the region are the people commanding teams of Rattata, Zubat, and Koffing.
What's especially funny is that Rainbow Rocket did the same shit. Sure you have the team leaders who each have a legendary, but in-between all that it's just Rocket grunts with level 60 Kanto shitmons like Arbok and Fearow. Like how are these people a threat?

Its not bad. I just hate the music and the team rocket grunts. They're even more repetitive than normal trainers.

>rats, snakes, bats and poison landmines
They had a theme.

I dont mind the poison/dark/mean looking shit mons but I wouldn't mind it if they threw a few sucker punch grunts with charizards, nidokings/queens, Tauros, Eggsecutors, Jynxes etc.
Just something besides food for kadabra.

I'm not refuting your stance user, but if it helps, I have Silph co memorised:

>5th floor, at the bottom of the room is a thin hallway that leads to the the card key (there's a team rocket grunt next to a warp tile in front of it)

>Take lift to 3rd floor and open the door on the left.

>You're now on route to your Rival/Lapras/Progress

>Kanto
I don't replay Kanto ever it bores me so fast. When I play Kanto rom hacks like Radical Red I usually stop around Silph Co
>Johto
All the way through
>Hoenn
weather institute with the kecleon devon scope shit
>Sinnoh
I only replay Renegade Platinum anymore, but when I did replay the originals I would get bored around Veilstone
>Unova
All the way through
>Kalos
Second gym
>Alola
Like an hour in
>Galar
Don't replay ever

Thanks bro. I tell yeah once you get silph co over with and kanto opens back up it feels great.

>Kanto
Sometime during that large open segment after you get the pokeflute, I never end up actually getting and using surf.
>Johto
I can actually play straight through to the credits no problem, but after the E4 I just sorta stop. I've never actually made it to red either, tho I've gotten really close (Played up till blue in HGSS)
>Hoenn
You know the drill. After lilycove. And I don't even hate the water routes, they're fine for what they are.
>Sinnoh
Never. I don't know why but I never have any issue making it all the way through a sinnoh game, despite them being the longest and arguably most tedious and poorly paced.
>Unova
Never, the game is very consistently paced so there's never actually a point where I feel compelled to put the game down, there's always just the next thing to do and it's never too big of a hurdle that I don't feel like doing it.
>Kalos
Shalour, which is unfortunate cause the one time I actually got over the middle hump I realized that, after gym 6, the game sorta stretches out again and is nearly as good as the game is pre-shalour.
>Alola
I have never replayed these games and won't be doing so in the future
>Galar
Didn't buy

>Kanto
after cerulean. played the game waaaaaaaay too many times.
>Johto
After johto, see above.
>Hoenn
surf and dive time fuck water
>Sinnoh
can play through full. haven't played remakes though
>Unova
only ever played through these once
>Kalos
see above
>Alola
see above
>Glar
never played
>Fangames
Usually after the first gym

Attached: 1643413241593.png (449x480, 161.8K)