Gather round biz i need insight

Bear with me frens, i usually only shitpost and lurk but now i have something that made me think and that may be of interest for you. So i own 4 smaller buildings in croatia with 4 apartments each, all for rent, the buildings themselves are relatively new, 2006 being the oldest and 2013 the youngest. I've been renting the apartments out to mostly students and a few families ever since i've activated them. Even with the boom in real estate prices i've never wanted to sell them as renting is a decent source of (semi) passive income. I've had numerous offers for them over the years but the offer i got this weekend blew my mind. So a friend of mine calls me and asks if it's alright with me to share my phone number with some dude he knows that wants to buy my apartments, since it's a good friend i said sure why not, i trust his judgement of people. So the dude calls me and after about a minute or two of casual business banter he goes right at me, saying he scouted out the places and he wants to buy all 4 of my buildings and he's willing to offer 1650€/m2 (eurofag, deal with it). The average price of those apartments would be around 1400€/m2 at best, if i listed it up for 1300€/m2 i would probably sell them relatively quickly but i would not think to ask more than 1400. So here i am listening to this dude just offer me more than 15 fucking % of my personal best value, my jaw literally dropped when i heard him say that, but i kept my cool and, since you don't do such business over the phone i asked him if he was free next week for a drink so we can discuss details, it was last saturday, we agreed to meet on friday. At first i thought i misheard him but i realize that he absolutely said 1650€ stating that he knows it's a "bit" over market price. So i call my said friend and ask him who the fuck was this guy, now i'm actually fucking intrigued who goes out and makes over the phone offers on real estate for this much over the market.

Attached: yikes - Copy.jpg (600x487, 39.52K)

>continued
Turns out he's affiliated with the leading political party (aka the crime syndicate in our lovely country) and now owns a business taking contracts, mostly from the government (mind blowing right ?). Ok so now i think this guy is definitely loaded but, i mean, he's not a fucking retard, only retards do such things. Well after some inquiry, i didn't manage to get a lot of info but apparently he's been hired to acquire real estate by an "american company", whatever that means, could be a company, a fund, something else, i'm not an american so i don't really know what kind of entities can do such things there. And apparently he's been doing that for the same "company" for the last 2 years give or take. And here i am, having this uneasy feeling about all of this, thinking whether i should accept the offer or not, when in reality if the dude made the offer in person first i would've probably just shake his hand without thinking and counting myself a really lucky son of a bitch.
Am i looking too much into this /biz ? I've been driving myself nuts for the last couple of days, does that motherfucker know something i don't, who is he working for, why is he and in turn them making such seemingly bad business decisions without even properly touring the fucking apartments, i mean any one of those apartments could have one of many thing bad or going bad that would tank the price just because of the time and money required to fix shit. it just makes no fucking sense to me. I am both looking forward and dreading friday, cause i feel something is not right here.

Checking my lovely trips, also i'll definitely be posting an update on what happened after the meet, i'm not that much of a faggot

Global currency collapse. The death of the USD will take down every other fiat with it.
I.e. you will own nothing and you will be happy

Mind explaining that a bit further fren?

Well it seems every single indicator is pointing towards something breaking. Nearly everyone can tell that the economy hasn't been functioning right since 2008. (in the US at least)
You can find some smart people to source this information from. @LynAldenContact on Twitter is pretty good.
You have to imagine that so many big corporations with the money to hire the smartest people in the world wouldn't be doing this for no reason.
My thoughts are the current reserve currency (USD) will collapse. This is the first time a reserve currency will collapse while the world is under keynesian economics.

Serb here
If you're unsure, just go to a lawyer and have the exchange be done over a bank
Real estate has been booming in the balkans due to Ukranian and Russian immigrants

so are you telling me that the USD will be breaking sooner rather than later making them bid on real estate so much so that they can get ahold of it fast ? But what's the point, resale at a profit because to continue to rent without raising the renting price by a lot, you're looking at best 20 years to make ROI, probably more, that math absolutely sucks as imo.

i'm not worried about papirologija if what is saying i'll be better off keeping ownership instead of fiat, althought i would definitely reinvest that shit asap.

Croatia is about to enter Schengen and adopt the Euro as main currency, which will in turn attract more and more foreign (eg. American) companies to buy land/real estate. I've talked to some croanons about the real estate situation and they expect the prices to even 2x after Schengen, so a 15% overvaluation isn't unrealistic.

The same thing is happening in other countries too, Austria, Germany, ect. Companies like Blackrock are buying up all the land they can, pushing prices higher.

If you want to go the schizo (although not impossible) route, the collapse of fiat currencies would leave land as the apex store of value, making it the single most valuable thing to own currently.

sell the houses and dump it all into LINK, this maffia stooge representing Blackrock or equivalent thinks he's securing a comfy position as Blackrock Baron in the upcoming techno-feudal revolution, joke's on him though you will be a Chainlink Duke and several ranks above him.

15% is nothing. the guy needs to wash cash, he's likely a criminal (not reading your whole story), and who cares. the whole world has this going on, people with a bunch of dirty money looking to legitimize it. youre a moron for acting like he's doing you a favor. cost of business. be less stupid

yeah in all honesty it's this user, kek at the schizo takes though

>I've talked to some croanons about the real estate situation and they expect the prices to even 2x after Schengen
The topic has definitely been turning up a lot lately, but so far it's all speculation, personally i don't think the price have a lot more room for growth because there isn't organic demand, i know investors are buying up land but who are they going to sell it to ?

i'm quite positive it isn't dirty money, all of this shit will be flagged with the tax investigators (think croatian IRS) i will not be doing any tax/law gymnastics to sell these, everything by the book, that's why it makes no sense and also because there are a lot of other options for that kind of money in terms of real estate on sale in my town, options that are OBJECTIVELY better

why are you positive HIS money is not dirty? it's not your problem. he's buying the real estate from you, you have no responsibility to do due diligence on the legitimacy of that money - that's someone elses concern (unless he's literally telling you it's dirty money). Also lmao I don't think the croation IRS gives a fuck especially if the guy is politically connected. NOT YOUR PROBLEM. Do you want to sell it or not? Don't fucking worry about where this guy gets his money. That's not your concern. Stop being a schizo

>icp id

woah

Attached: 1654716995503.jpg (500x500, 56.72K)

sounds like he's washing some kind of money. but if the money, when it comes to you, is legit money that will show up in your bank, it's not your problem to worry about.
like serbro said get a lawyer and do some due diligence
ignore the dollar collapse guy it's not your problem right now.

>Bear with me
I see what you did there

You're missing the point, i'm not worried about his money, i'm wondering whether selling the apartments is the right choice, what if is right, what if i could get double the money for them next year ?
checked and thanks for noticing

>because there isn't organic demand, i know investors are buying up land but who are they going to sell it to

The demand will come with Schengen, huge amounts. Also the idea isn't to sell it, it's to keep it forever and rent it out forever as a permanent source of income, since everyone needs a place to live. Basically transferring all land ownership from individuals to the state/companies. The scenario isn't too difficult to imagine, the state has a monopoly on real estate, allowing them to increase living costs indefinitely making HDZ or whatever the select few might be, even more money

>more than 15 fucking % of my personal best value
>what if i could get double the money for them next year

then you are confused about what your best value is

> allowing them to increase living costs indefinitely
this never made sense to me, people would simply not rent your apartments, you'd be left with passive real estate because those that could afford to rent them out already own something themselves, the wagies would be priced out
well it's just a thought, i never would've thought to ask for more than 1400 at the current rates and i definitely am still not sure what to expect in the coming times, for all i know the prices could pump, dump or crab, literally no clue