Pokemon will never look this good

Pokemon will never look this good

Attached: 37901-posts.article_md.jpg (700x394, 112.06K)

An unfortunate reality

Good. Realism is shit and muh grafix is given more priority than content. That's exactly why I buy weaker hardware that can't handle shitty movies.

I think with time we will hit BOTW and then stay there
Now that GF moved into nintendos offices (2020)
GF takes fresh graduates from 3D game design college programs every year
we will get there eventually I think and it’ll be adequate to me
Don’t need weird hyper realistic stuff

Attached: 53106AC5-4785-43D2-B232-81D3E28BF821.jpg (1766x1023, 560.34K)

One of these looks way worse than other three

Pokémon could literally remain at RSE level graphics and I wouldn't care. Fuck 3D. Fuck realism. Fuck Breath of the Wild.

Pokemon's cartoony style thankfully straight up gatekeeps hyper realistic shit because it outright won't work with over HALF of them in existence, especially nowadays.

But NuPokemon sucks

Yes that's what happens when you need 900 fully animated art assets. RDR2 has like, what, 10 animal species?

Pokemon doesn't need to be hyper-realistic or in the Unreal engine. It just needs a strong art style. I won't care if it looks a little like a PS3 game if I still go, "Oh, that's pretty" when I see it. SwSh was pretty close, it just had a few issues with some color choices and the patches of grass were not great in the Wild Area. PLA fixed my issue with the grass by having the Pokemon wander all over the place, allowing for more scenic grass to be placed, but then it went a step backwards with the water and some of the textures.

I don't know why but GF seems to have a massive issue with textures.

Attached: nZ9GB75FLiyKeuuhSp9Jjd-1200-80.png (1200x675, 1.04M)

Pokemon does look like shit but I don't want it to look anything like what OP posted either.

At least post something like Final Fantasy VII Intergrade, Jump Stars or some other anime through 3D artstyle not just BOTW which is what it already looks likes minding the obvious technical distances and 3 pics of hyper-realism, we can all agree RDR2 looks great but Pikachu and Eevee won't fit because they are cartoons.

There's ONE cave that's textured the way the game should go. The difference between the wall and ground is astounding.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.22M)

pokemon will never look good

Who the fuck wants a 3D Pokemon game
Why wouldn't you just want a better looking 2D game

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 1.34M)

This is the way they should have done DP remakes. Looks so fucking good.

Honestly, just pumping out the first 5 gens of this as some sorta CLASSIC COLLECTION over 5 years could make some serious nostalgia dosh.

pokemon doesn't need graphics.
It needs artsyle and art direction

Artstyle and Art Direction IS Graphics you dumb shit.

What the fuck was this the new interns work or something? Was he meant to design Wall cave number 231 and basically went way fucking overboard because it looks really nice.

No fucking clue. It's in Manaphy/Phione cave and I haven't seen it in any other spot in the whole game.