FRLG but crossgen evolutions aren't blocked and you can find some Johtomons as 1% encounters during the main game

FRLG but crossgen evolutions aren't blocked and you can find some Johtomons as 1% encounters during the main game

Attached: cheats-pokemon-fire-red.jpg (1200x675, 62.66K)

Cool.

Not enough, let the ship travel to replica of Emerald battle facilities because the FRLG post game offers nothing, zero, nada, only endless League grind as lame replayable content.
Shit games.

You can choose a BF post-game or Johto post-game, which one?

doesn't fix any of the game's actual problems

As cool as Johto is, BF would be a better choice

Which are? Besides having an underwhelming post-game, the only thing I hated about FRLG was the lack of freedom in team building

>he doesnt know about the sevii islands
with each day that passes, it becomes easier to pick out the zoomers

If you want to add Johtomons, just use normal encounter rates and integrate the ones that fit naturally. 1% encounter is a weird half-measure that comes up so rarely it doesn't make the game meaningfully better

Integrating Johtomons "naturally" into Gen 1 Kanto would make no sense. They were supposed to be rare to begin with in Johto, let alone Kanto. 1% encounter rate is good enough that it makes sense in-universe and statistically players would come across at least one of them during their playthroughs and encourage exploring more.

Replace the garbage soundfont and the sterile battle backgrounds first.

They'd have to be 1% encounters in *really* out-of-the-way locations. Remember, these were supposed to be Pokemon that were newly discovered just before the start of GSC, so they should be extremely well-hidden.

I loved the Sevii Islands, they just weren't expansive enough. I'd throw in some dungeons, make the routes a bit longer, and expand on the Rocket and biker gang presence. Maybe throw in one final superboss for after the League rematch.

This but also get rid of those stupid generic trees that surround every single town/city in Kanto.

>don't block cross-gen evolutions
>bring back day and night cycle
>reimplement field moves from G/S/C like Headbutt, Rock Smash
>allow the player to find Pokemon from other regions if they try things not originally in Red/Blue/Yellow (ie Houndour at night, Murkrow in trees at night, Slugma underneath rocks)

>Which are?
the piss easy boring as fuck gameplay
the HMs that were added for no fucking reason
the dogshit postgame replayability

There's probably a ROM hack that does this already, but in case there isn't somebody could always make one.

It pisses me off that we have to make ROM hacks to add shit that should've been in the game in the first place.

>wanting nugen shit
>in a kanto game
disgusting.

Retard, there is nothing to do or mildly challenging or replayable there, pokemon tower is shit.

>FRLG but crossgen evolutions aren't blocked

Crobat. You want to evolve Crobat. Not the Eeveelutions in a game with no clock, not Chansey, not the trademons. You only care about Crobat and ONLY Crobat because you thought you'd be able to make your early game shitmon good.

>make it good
then it'd be good

There's actually no Firered hack that does this. The hacking scene seems preoccupied with making the billionth difficulty hack, 898 hack or the billionth scuffed lolsorandumb hack instead of actually making improvements to the base game.

I was working on a third-version type hack named Water Blue (generic name I know) that added a ton of QoL features like running indoors, not blocking crossgen evos, as well as making the Johtomons in Kanto from GSC catchable (with in-game rewards by professor Oak for discovering "new" species so it makes sense in-universe). Also was remapping some of the areas so they look more like RBY instead of being so rural.

Dropped it about a year ago because I was getting too ambitious and wanted to add Johto post-game and a Battle Frontier, or a Tower at least.

Both nigga