These days almost 10 years ago the Pokémon XY announcement trailer was shown...

These days almost 10 years ago the Pokémon XY announcement trailer was shown, what was your reaction after watching the trailer? And what do you remember of that day?

youtu.be/3NMWdUBA8e4

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 70.97K)

>Holy shit, Pokemon finally in 3D, this is gonna be so cool!
And then it blew. I remember counting down the days with a friend in my class.

saw it on TV first I'm pretty sure, I was like "wait you mean it isn't a new generation on the DS? piss offfff need to buy a new console"
there was like no emulating of this game, too

I thought the graphics were mid, since I played a-lot of the Stadium, Colosseum type games before. But the starters were cute.

Attached: Yveltal.jpg (1920x1080, 274.58K)

My friend had been saying the next game would be 3D, I said there would be one more gen of sprites before they made the move. The trailer proved him right.
That's all I remember.

XY's leak season was fucking great. Too bad the games themselves are mediocre

Attached: 83749ed5db9fbc1a78d2d847fdb97b9d.jpg (724x1024, 303.64K)

The mystery of Nymphia...Nobody knew what the fuck it was.

Attached: Nymphia.png (397x600, 576.73K)

Still one of the best trailers ever

i remember posting about which starter team i was on and being pretty hyped about Yvelta's design
i am still salty about fennikin's final evo.

Now it's the most universally hated generation of the franchise. How sad.

As it should be since it started the downfall. The only tragedy is that people have deluded themselves into thinking that SM/USUM/SWSH were better.

I came here to discuss it with anons.

i made fun of it on facebook and some weeb girl i was crushing on unfriended me after that

Not hated than PLA.

>universally hated
I thought people were ambivalent about it.

Attached: Pokemon Amie.png (800x595, 620.9K)

>49621476
Already revising history are we?

it's funny how a lot of people didn't like froakie and even greninja when it was leaked but then it became one of the most popular pokemon ever

The exact moment this franchise died

That's Gen 5 and you know it

The sequel saved it. Gen 6 on the other hand still has people crying about how they were robbed of Pokemon Z, the game that would totally fix everything.

The beginning of the downfall of the Franchise.

>the game that would totally fix everything.
I'm in the boat that it wouldn't have fixed everything since Sun and Moon would probably still have been as shit as it was, but the worst case scenario would be that we get another game with the PSS, Super Training, and Eternal Floette, and Sun and Moon doesn't randomly shove Zygarde into it for no reason.
The best case scenario is that there was a positive reception and that convinced Game Freak to not gimp Sun and Moon by removing the gyms at the last minute and rebranding the series to be a Yokai Watch ripoff.
It would have been a net positive, either way.

>And then it blew
Then why was it so well received among both fans and critics?