Anyone else feeling a bit of anxiety here over when nintendo is going to kill pokemon bank?

Anyone else feeling a bit of anxiety here over when nintendo is going to kill pokemon bank?

Attached: 1644356314122.png (588x331, 109.45K)

they better announce it like a year and half before when they do

Just use a homebrewed 3ds and switch, no point in not having one by now

Keep your bros or harem on their fucking cartridges and don't trust anything to hold onto them for you.

i'm hoping they come up with a way to make it work offline, it'd be a shame to get rid of the ability to change mons from gen to gen, something that's been a staple since rse -> dppt

Pokemon Bank not existing means pokemon transfer also not working. The VC pokemon are as good as trapped.

What's the actual policy of Nintendo or whoever is in charge of Bank wiping your mons?
I hadn't paid my subscription fee since 2018 and renewed it about a week ago and all my bros were still there.

>store pokeshits in bank
>get run over by a truck
>get sent to a coma and not to some shitty isekai
>wake up 30 years later
>all of my pokemons are deleted even though nintendo kept charging me for the subscriptions automatically
>meanwhile my wife's husband still has his pokemons safe in his cartridges

Why is this allowed?

Play with new bros every game and this isn’t a problem

They will have to kill Bank eventually, I'm surprised it's still available at this point. Maybe the next HOME update is when they'll finally give notice of it coming to a close. You're gonna get 3-6 months warning at least, I'm sure. Enough time to grab everything you might want in one of the VC games and get them into HOME.

>nintendo kills bank
>pokemon that still aren't a switch game and can't be transferred are lost forever

They better provide a fucking alternative.

Attached: 27f29c843e27f6b0cf5183fe49a25c4c13208ee4de428a0ad75e20a2288a0b7d.png (433x408, 156.64K)

>The VC pokemon are as good as trapped.
Shit, I didn't think about this. Guess I better hurry up and get that Crystal Celebi as soon as I can

best case scenario is them announcing it 6~ months in advance and making it free to use in that time period

I think there's a guaranteed grace period of a month or 2, but after that they "could" be erased at any time, but I don't think they actively seek out expired accounts to wipe. Moreso, they probably just have them sitting there until there is a reason to make space on the servers, at which point they would start deleting mons.

Bank never should have been a subscription service. There was no reason you couldn't store your mons on your system memory like Box and Ranch did. A one off payment of even $15, which is overpriced, would be a better deal than paying $5 a year for more than three years. At least Home lets you have one free box so you can use it for transferring for free.

Attached: 1529593194921.jpg (640x480, 57.5K)

I saw a lot of posts during the free subscription period after Home released of people finding out that their accounts were never wiped even after years of thinking they were. Apparently some fuckery about people who changed their 3DS' without properly syncing their Nintendo Network account or something.

I am shook. PKSM exists but I question how legitimate my pokemon will be once it touches a PKSM box.

I've already mass migrated everything important to me to a dedicated copy of my ultra moon save file. This includes copies of all the good VC-only sets like tri attack starmie...I suggest other anons do the same.

Home DOES work with ultra sun/moon, r-right?

Idc too much because I have utterly 0 intentions of ever transferring a Pokémon from the first 7 Gens upwards. That said, yea I’m a little mad that this while likely prevent transfer past gen 5, say what you want about gen 7 but it’s served as a gloriously comfy place to keep all my Pokémon with stuff like pokepelago giving boxed mons plenty to do, pokemon refresh giving me a way to interact with them all when I want, and the generally solid amount of post game content in Ultrasun. That said I’m pretty convinced they’ll do something to ensure transfer stays possible, cause people WILL bitch and moan otherwise.

If they ever shut Bank down it's going to be many many years away, cutting compatibility from gens 1-7 entirely is something they will avoid at all costs. As long as the 3DS is online there's no reason to be concerned, and after seeing Sony do a 180 on the PS3 store after the backlash trying to shut it down, I don't see that happening to the 3DS anytime soon either.

nintendo has already begun paring down the eshop functionality in the 3ds and wii u.
It's coming eventually, maybe not tomorrow, but I would definitely keep an eye for news over the next year.