Why was Gen 4 such a copy of Gen 3?

Why was Gen 4 such a copy of Gen 3?

Attached: Hoenn_Sinnoh.png (1000x3264, 2.53M)

because that was back when gamefreak believed in improving games between gens instead of cutting features for """uniqueness"""

What's unique about "[thing] but worse"?

further explaining why DP are my least favorite games in the series. It just copies Gen 3 but it's much worse and less original. Also the DP regional dex is the worst in the series by far.

>improving
It's worse than Gen 3 in every conceivable way besides phys/spec split

This was likely what Game Freak wanted to be the new norm before Gen V threw a bunch of twists back in, for better and worse.

game freak ran out of ideas

except they didn't "improve the games", other than online existing gen 4 is worse in every way.

Gen 4 are the best and gen 3 is pretty shitty. They took the lackluster gen 3 and refined it. You always make a rough draft before the finish product

>they refined it
>by reducing the framerate
>and making saving slower
>and making surfing slower
>and by reducing exploration
>and by having two fewer battle facilities
>and by having far shittier pokemon distribution
>and by removing all the puzzles or interesting map design

Attached: 1637096717229.jpg (1219x380, 65.83K)

More like they took the original and made a straight-to-DVD bootleg of it.

DP are absolute trash compared to Emerald.

>refined it
by making it worse in every possible way? Literally the only improvement from the end of gen 3 to the beginning of gen 4 I can think of is the physical/special split. Internet too, but that was just a product of the hardware, so it doesn't mean much. Now if we're talking about HGSS, I agree it's really good. But DP are F tier.

Gen 3 has garbage gameplay
>no good grinding options outside of E4 rematches
>horrible Frontier gimmicks like the Palace
>the dullest gameplay out of all the pre-split gens, you don't even have early access to the elemental punches like in based GSC, Platinum makes it move tutor available before postgame
>the ABSOLUTE STATE of trying to complete the gen 3 pokedex
>all gen 3 starters have lamer level-up movesets than the gen 4 ones
That image is such a joke, Emerald's dex is quantity over quality, no one touches horrific shitmons like roselia and minun. Pokemania died for a reason around gen 3.

>>no good grinding options
Why would you need to grind?

Gen 3 sucks

Gen 3 sucks
Nah

To support a team of 6.

Gen 4 sucks

>49617211
>she thinks giratina made dialga and palkia

can't tell if bait or just retarded

>Emerald's dex is quantity over quality
DP's dex has the lowest quantity and quality in the series
incorrect
If Gen 4 were more of a copy of gen 3 it would've been better, because as it is it's bad

Because it's easy to carbon copy something from your old creations rather than taking the time, money and effort to make a new one. Especially when zomers will eat it up anyways.

>DP's dex has the lowest quantity and quality in the series
Unfortunately I don't care what you think Hoenntard

More content ITT for my documentary about irrational Sinnoh fans who can't back up any of their stances with facts and logic :D

Because Gen 3 was a huge success after Crystal almost managed to kill the franchise so they wanted to copy that success.