Were sprites really that hard to make?

Were sprites really that hard to make?
This looks like ass.

Attached: 5253425.png (294x277, 24.8K)

If sprites are so easy to make then you fucking do it

The Origin Formes themselves look like ass (especially Dialga), so it fits. It's just that Palkia was the ugliest of the Creation Trio anyway, so the Origin Forme isn't much worse. Dialga was butchered though.

Attached: Palkia Feet.jpg (578x352, 19.93K)

look no further than the bullshit job they did for LGPE and SWSH for your answer. no point in asking them to keep sprites around if they can't do them right anymore

Gamefreak probably did this to piss bulbapedo and other autists trying to organize their site in a tidy way. Dare I say based

Feet?

They should have just stuck with the sprite style they had for gen VI-VII. I knew the second LGPE started experimenting that we would no longer have any consistency in menu artwork.

When your feet are that ugly and you have a spike on your heel, hooves are literally an improvement.

once they're updated to be in swsh/bdsp we'll get proper sprites

Pla images are better

PLA was made by the B team, while the A team works on Gen 9.

They only allow you to work for GF if you're lazy and incompetent

good, because she's not fired yet.

>Implying gamefreak has an A team.

>small indie developer

it's poor design because pokemon have distinctive silhouettes and they're all circles so it's harder to find specific pokemon in the box

why would they make sprites? PLA doesnt use them, home doesn't use them
and sprites are gay and dont show gender differences or shinies

the worst take

I like it. Reminds me of Pokemon Battle Revolution.

I think the images used in BDSP are a great balance. They could add alternate colored versions of those for shinies.

im confused. why would they make something that would literally never get used outside of uhh... fansites?
pla and home already work fine