SM/USUM had a better art direction than LGPE and SWSH

SM/USUM had a better art direction than LGPE and SWSH

Attached: Iki_Town_SM.jpg (4270x2625, 2.07M)

No

Yes!

Attached: Verdant_Cavern_SM.png (400x240, 213.09K)

I agree that it felt better graphically (mainly because of the tropical region design) but making a thread like this is just going to encourage genwars.

SM/USUM are fucking abysmal in all aspects. Even the UI is absolutely gawdy. Trying to say they have better art direction is ridiculous.

I agree the UI might looks to busy
But SM/USUM are some of the prettiest games on the 3ds. (As pretty as a 240p screen, that is)

Attached: 1644398454002.png (3044x986, 1.78M)

Attached: 1644099253757.png (1280x720, 2.14M)

There are much better looking 3DS games and SM/USUM is just contrast maxed out for most areas (which are poorly designed)

Yes SH/SH are awful too but at least they have character too them in some areas of the game.

True I was impressed by the colors and atmosphere at times. Big step up from XYs chibis and lego world. Can't wait to see what gen 9 looks like being a late Switch title

Looks like a N64 game.

maybe on emu but on hardware it was a washed out jaggy mess

Alola is my favorite region. SM is the least enjoyable Pokemon game I've ever played.

Except the 3DS made it look like lowpoly crust shit most of the time.

Attached: 19.jpg (400x240, 25.18K)

Alola is frustrating. You see all this effort they put into the artwork and world design, but then the game never leaves you alone.

Attached: Hano Beach Grand Resort.png (1303x893, 2.72M)

this
and this
the cutscenes truly are unbearable. I would enjoy the game if it didn't require a 10x speed button to be played

fuuck gen 7 was so close to being good

Looks nice but not as nice as the slumbering weald altar

yeah game freak used to make the best looking games on the

of course they're gonna suck when they transition from that to a modern console albiet lgpe looks great

I dig the Polynesian aesthetic.

Attached: Battle Tree.png (1207x641, 1.94M)

Attached: Altar_of_the_Moone.png (922x549, 576.53K)

Unno is a competent man