ITT the best machine to emulate Pokemon games

ITT the best machine to emulate Pokemon games

Attached: photo1626377288331-1626377288428.jpg (600x375, 37.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1118310/RetroArch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But will they let you freely load emulators in there, or will they go the nintendo route and console-ban you if you're caught booting into custom stuff?

you can install windows right after you buy it
it's not a console like switch, it's a handheld pc

this one can actually fit in a pocket and has a second screen

Attached: new3ds.jpg (1500x1500, 122.41K)

If that was the case then RetroArch wouldn't even be available on Steam.

And I'm not lying: store.steampowered.com/app/1118310/RetroArch/

I already have my PC.

This one's the best. No single-screen system will ever feel appropriate to emulate DS games, emutards can stop coping. However, the Steamdeck + new 3ds combo can basically emulate any game worth playing since all the console titles and spin offs can be played on the deck.

How plausible is it for this thing to emulate switch games?

excited to finally have portable colo and sonic adventure 2

Not really, I doubt PLA can be comfortably emulated on the Steam Deck. For everything else, a main game or two, spin-off titles there is 3ds, indeed.

Steam Deck is on AMD hardware, isn't it? Somehow AMD OpenGL support on Linux is eons better than on Windows.
So, install proper Linux and enjoy. Dual boot for AAA titles that can be bothered with supporting a real OS.

I passed the opportunity to buy a New 2DS XL and now they're twice as expensive.

Attached: 1409544578642.jpg (1200x900, 171.79K)

I can't run Yuzu/Ryujinx so why bother?

install windows bro

>you can install windows right after you buy it

amd+windows = no switch emulation

You need Nvidia or AMD GPU.

>Console ban
>On a PC
most retarded post on Any Forums right now

AMD has been notoriously shit for emulation on the CPU side vs Intel and Ryujinx already needs a pretty good CPU to get any mileage out of.

As hilarious as it would be for the Steam Deck to actually be good enough to emulate Switch, In reality I doubt this is going to be the case.

Either way we will know for sure on the 25th once the software embargo lifts.

This thing is going to melt and catch fire, or run like shit.

They said ssteam machines were going to revolutionise PC gaming too.
I'll wait till the SECOND generation of steam decks go on sale, before sperging about buying one. Need to let them iron out the bugs and better the battery life before it's worth a fuck to buy one.

This is the smart thing to do.
Valves hardware build quality is notoriously shit, the Index controllers practically start falling apart within a few months of use.

Was more referring to how they sell something, then quietly kill the line a few months later or drop the idea completely, but yeah. Wait till they actually start making money off it enough to care about continuing it.

Hacked Switch lol
Clean emulation for every Nintendo handheld from GB to DS (3DS works but is iffy unless you use a different OS), and N64 for Stadium 1 and 2.

If only gamecube emulation wasn't stuttery as hell, but it'll prolly never happen until Switch 2 or Switch Pro or whatever's next.

you can have it right now if you hack your wii u

yeah let me just bring my whole fucking wii u to the hotel