The game that ended Pokémon's dark age

Attached: PLA.png (618x1000, 1.04M)

..after BW started it.

..after LGPE started it.

One good game does not end a dark age.

Attached: Sonicthe20Hedgehog20320Japan.png (586x760, 272.47K)

What good game did Sonic have?

The important comparison to make with Sonic is that, although some people will insist the dark age began with Adventure, some with Heroes, others with Shadow, while there are even those who claim it never happened, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06 are "officially" considered the dark age of Sonic because that's the biggest consensus. Likewise for Pokémon the dark age is officially XY-BDSP despite what people like the first two posters think.

>muh consensus

Attached: 1632792025402.png (1146x5498, 2.88M)

>Pokémon the dark age is officially BW-BDSP
ftfy

Attached: 1643571759072.jpg (1796x1080, 262.09K)

Source?

I don't give a shit about any of what you said, the point is the next pokemon game could easily be shit, there's no ending to a dark age until the quality of the games become consistently good.

The consensus amongst fans is really just SWSH-BDSP. ORAS had outsize criticism for battle frontier and started what at the time was a debacle around content removal, but most people enjoyed them.

USUM’s “Ultra changes” likewise we’re controversial, but nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, compared to SWSH.

sun/moon fucking sucked. didnt buy ultra shit.

Mania

Same, SuMo was the first time I was not able to finish a pokemon game due to a lack of interest. I didn't care for ORAS but I could at least finish it. And the whole "souped up re-release" always felt like a scam to me but USUM was the first time where it was so painfully blatant. I say Gen 8 killed my interest in pokemon but it was definitely gen 7 that did the most damage.

>Same, SuMo was the first time I was not able to finish a pokemon game due to a lack of interest
for me it was Platinum. It's like they forgot what makes Pokemon games actually good and just flooded the game with shitty generic caves and backtracking.

The game that start the Pokémon dark age[/Fixed for accuracy.]

It's objectively ome of the most empty games

Attached: PogovsPLA.jpg (792x1064, 140.04K)

the consensus is clearly gen v as the beginning of the end

Go is the reason we have Legends. When the game reached 1 billion downloads solely on catching the original 151 (PVP wouldn't be implemented for another 4 years) they realized compshitters were irrelevant.

Attached: go.png (748x557, 100.68K)

Is it possible to change a mon's pokeball type after you've captured it? I was forced to use a wing ball to get an unown that was way high up, but all the others are in regular pokeballs.

Go is a free phone app. Legends is a switch game