Give me one good reason a Pokemon looking like a Digimon is a bad thing

Give me one good reason a Pokemon looking like a Digimon is a bad thing.

Attached: Pomumon_b.jpg (320x320, 30.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikimon.net/Visual_List_of_Digimon
wikimon.net/Anomalocarimon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pokemon should look like Pokemon not some cheap knock-off.

pokemon should fit in, otherwise it's just weak art direction. digimon are cool but they all look like they belong together

There is none, "looks like a digimon" is just some inarticulate childish whining poketards do when they see a design they don't like, while barely knowing what makes a digimon

>pokemon should fit in, otherwise it's just weak art direction
You can really tell when a new pokemon is next to an old pokemone half the time, and OP's pic is somehow really closer to the design philosophy to gen 1 pokemon, looking like rugged monster-animals in the wild

Pokepedos are hypocrite.
They always claim that Digimon sucks and a rip off but then hype Digimon-inspired shit like Lucario, Incelroar, Cindisgrace, Lopussy, Incellion, the 10+ bearded pokemon, etc..
They even praised Twilight Wings and GATCHA animation and art style when it's obviously very similar to Digimon's

Those child rapists are retarded and think Nintendo invented everything when Pokemon is mostly a rip off of Dragon Quest V

It's not

Attached: f89c9a14151fe62900e6cf2e7f221e55.jpg (1024x970, 261.12K)

trs a different style that i find ugly as fuck

its not, H-Zoroark is the most digimon-like Pokemon I've ever seen and its really cool.

Lillymon is peak female Digimon design.

What the fuck are digimon supposed to be anyway
People argue about the "Pokemon = animals" thing but we know they're generally that universe's equivalent of nature and wildlife with some supernatural and sci-fi elements thrown in between, but digimon are all over the place
I got the same question for SMT demons since you can have multiple demons of the same deity sometimes fighting one another

most of the time "looks like a digimon" is bullshit but I really do think the Genies look like Digimon.

Attached: 1643123009697.jpg (664x421, 62.78K)

Because 99% of digimon look like shit.

>What the fuck are digimon supposed to be anyway
Digital Monsters

Do you seriously not know? They're made of data.

name 1 worse than this

Attached: 1633754499254.png (250x250, 38.18K)

Not seeing it pal

Attached: Lampmon.jpg (1096x1096, 453.79K)

Looking like a Digimon is such a meme that is usually said by someone who is so blinded by brand loyalty that they've never played another monster taming game in their life since they see it as "the enemy" instead of another game that could help the growth of the subgenre if it had a fraction of the support that Pokemon's blind consoomers give their precious franchise.

Digimon can look as simple as a ball with a face or as complex as a gundam with armor on top of their armor.

Fucking Jigglypuff looks like a Digimon. You could easily slot Jigglypuff in as an in-training or rookie level Digimon and most people would just think "yes that seems normal", there are plenty of digimon that could pass for pokemon and vice versa, that's just the nature of cutesy monster RPGs.

disagree

Attached: 2e1.png (708x817, 498.04K)

They specifically look like that late Savers early Xros Wars era where everything started getting more simplified and abstract, compared to earlier designs that had more "realistic" details.

wikimon.net/Visual_List_of_Digimon

I guess it may be less that they look like Digimon and more that Digimon started looking more like Pokemon in that period, though

It varies depending on the series since the franchise has various different settings, sometimes where the Digital World was deliberately created by humans, and some where the Digital World was an unintended result of consciousness forming within the sea of data collected by humanity
Generally though, the sky is the limit when it comes to digimon because they're derived from the collected sum of all human knowledge online, so they can be animals, machines, based on old human deities, the living incarnation of people shitposting on the internet, etc

Attached: FCim7SoXIAIXajt.jpg (2048x2048, 253.51K)

Same year when pokemon improved their designs.

the rest is history

>Do you seriously not know? They're made of data.
But then you have people either say they're amalgamation of digital data or things that always existed but used modern electronics and data to gain form
Saying "They're pocket monsters" doesn't explain anything on what pokemon are meant to be

They're pocket monsters because they can all shrink down to microscopic size, silly

I want you to reread things and understand that does not answer the intrinsic nature of what pokemon are because man beer I got no more left I am going to rob some

>But then you have people either say they're amalgamation of digital data or things that always existed but used modern electronics and data to gain form
They are both. The Mon part is using the Digi part. The bios for Digimon sometimes even mention what data they're from, like Anomalocarimon being from a research facility scanning ancient animals or Giromon being a virus scanner.

wikimon.net/Anomalocarimon