Best main series soundtrack?

Multiple choices allowed. Explain yourself if you want or be a silent little bitch who has opinions but can’t say why.
strawpoll.com/egduesv9q
Correct answer is GSC & DPP btw. Picrel.

Attached: DDE7F916-DBEB-4246-B7A8-7C607AADDE26.jpg (828x1032, 106.97K)

Bump

You didn't explain your choice though

What are you talking about? I explained pretty clearly that it was because GSC and DPP are the correct answer.

fwiw anybody who votes rby, xy, oras, lgpe, ss, or bdsp is a retard

>xy
XY and PLA are the only 3D-era games that aren't generic synth garbage the whole way through.
BW/BW2 is a free space.
RBY hits a certain spot, and LGPE is good aside from one or two misses like PokeMansion.

xy is probably the best instrumented of the 3d era but in exchange its compositions are painfully average. it occasionally stands out with tracks like victory road and the bike theme, but there's a pretty good reason why most people forget about it
rby is a mess all the way through that only achievevs its partial-successes through raw chance. frlg highlights this to an extent, where the best tracks are the most wildly changed. and if you think lgpe is good, chances are you only identified xy as the best instrumented of the 3d era by chance, because lgpe's arrangements are some of the most underwhelming in the series

BW(2)
DPP has a lot of really muddy sounding songs that sound like they're being muffled. I think the Gen 5 games utilize the soundchip much better in comparison, and I think they have more interesting compositions like N's theme, where Masuda wrote a whole extremely autistic treatise about how it was arranged, or songs with vocal elements like Village Bridge and Colress's theme. Might not be to everyone's taste but I personally enjoyed it and found it much more interesting than what came before, which kinda reflects my opinions on the Unova and Sinnoh games as a whole.
The original RBY is still the best rendition of that soundtrack and I have the most mostalgia for it.

B/W>B/W2>G/S. These are my favs.

DPPt. There's something really relaxing about it, especially the early route and first few town/city themes.

Zoomers who played Gen V as their first game detected

I started with red
Usually being old makes you blind with nostalgia, not right
Think about it

>I have the most nostalgia for the original RBY
>"hurr durr u started with gen 5"
meds, overdose on them

Gemwunner here, have a soft spot for Sinnoh games since I spent my college years studying with them nearby, but BW2 is excellent and ORAS/RSE are my favorites by far.

You know they made 15 different charizards just for people like you with that mentality?

>R/S/E
>G/S/C
>D/P/Pt
In that order

user you do know the person youre replying to is probably barely even 18, real genwunners dont have an autistic obsession with "zoomers" and gen 5 (and only gen 5)

>but there's a pretty good reason why most people forget about it
Because of the horrible pacing and lackluster post-game content.
The OST is probably the most memorable thing about XY.

XY has PSS, Megas, and the Hex Maniac that sells milk, that's all people liked about the game and megas are debatable

It's RSE. Great melodies and distinct soundfont

Yes.

Attached: 1643813553530.png (501x501, 118.7K)