Are alpha Pokemon a successful gimmick?

Are alpha Pokemon a successful gimmick?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.09M)

I love them. They are fun chalenge.

They're not a gimmick, they're pretty naturally incorporated just like abilities or megas are.
Stop trying to conflate shit with the nuke gimmicks that have become custom since Gen 7.

Glad they built off Totems from SM. I hate the red eye effect though. It looks ugly in action

is there a difference between a wild fully evolved alpha and one that you raise from a NFE alpha?

like is there a difference between a wild alpha lopunny versus an alpha buneary that you turn into a lopunny? besides EVs

Nope. Evolving an alpha doesn’t count in the Pokédex as catching an alpha, however.

They're what gigantamax should've been

In the game they mention that they may have special moves. Idk if it refers to moves that they normally can't learn or what, though.

The only way these can be considered a gimmick, in the same sense as the gimmicks of gen6-8, is if you compare them to Gigantamax pokemon. But since Alphas are just cosmetic changes with guaranteed GVs, that comparison doesn’t work.
Assuming they even qualify as a “gimmick”, yes, they are successful and well-implemented.

That has to be an oversight

They can naturally have moves that you'd otherwise have to tutor. I found a Happiny with Flamethrower, for example.

They're generally moves learned from the move tutor, for example my alpha Staravia came with Giga Impact and Double-Edge at level 32

I like them, it's funny running around with a giant pokemon
I want unnaturally small Pokemon too.

Maybe, because trading someone a Pokémon, even if it was originally yours, WILL update the Pokédex as if you caught a second one.
t. guy who has two spiritomb captured without having all the wisps

But there are tiny Pokémon too. There’s just no special form that guarantees size like Alphas. Pokémon if you’re reading this, we need Betas too.

what's the biggest alpha in the game?

I don't mean a slight difference.
I want a two foot long steelix

>I like them, it's funny running around with a giant pokemon
But the Pokemon don't follow you

I love them and I'm sure they won't be returning in the next installment.

You still use them to hit trees, break rocks, and fight Pokemon
You can also send them out to hang around while idle.

Imagine the size of the Vaporeon.

Attached: FK74EbOVkAAuedB.jpg (1280x720, 125.14K)

they are just shadow pokemon from pokemon go