PLA Suggestion Thread

Suggestions for ways the game could be better. What should be added in the sequel?

>binoculars/scope
This seems really obvious and I'm surprised it isn't in the game already: A pair of field binoculars you can use to survey the landscape and get a closer look at Pokemon. Upgrade the item to reveal information about the Pokemon's level, nature, and EVs.

Attached: elite-pokemon.jpg (635x345, 46.26K)

Better graphics.
More stuff to do.
More populated areas.

More Pokemon variety! That's one area the game is kind of weak. I'm sick of Paras and Shinx.

This was something as an ARK player I was hoping to see. You gotta get up real close to see the level of the Pokemon, a spyglass was sorely needed
Low IQ get out

Amie! It should have been a fully fledged dating sim by now, but instead its a bleak shadow of its former self.
Let me feed my 'mons, let me pet my 'mons, let me play with my 'mons! Let my favorite one follow me around or sit on my shoulders/back if it's small enough.

Take it back or else...

Attached: Cassandra_Paras-1-.png (620x468, 540.08K)

replace that with a camera from your phone
you can use it to snap pokemon pics to give to some npc for money/items, maybe even use it as the dex pic like botw does
it boggles my mind that the phone was so advertised but all it is used to is just as a map

>throwing balls/scanning mons while riding wydeer
i can do it while riding the fish so why not the deer?
>showing dex rank on the box screen
currently you have to go into the dex, find the mon, then go find it in the box (oh wait is it the right rank) go back to dex..... just let me select "go to dex entry" when clicking on a mon in the box

this, I was so disappointed this didn't have following mon or that you can't even feed berries to your mon in the overworld
they should just have ported the camp from swsh into this, would fit perfectly

It's Pokémon, it won't ever be an actual pet sim. If you want one, there are plenty of better games for you (sincerly, no anonimosity).

Fix the atrocious Pokemon box UI. You can sort all your items with one button, why can’t I do that with Pokemon?

Also searching for Pokemon is just about the worst system anyone could imagine.

If they are going to go with the concept that legends will be all about catching and interacting with wild Pokemon and less on trainer battles then they should improve that. Give the Pokemon more variety in how they act. I know most of the reason why most of them just prowl around a small area is because they can't properly optimize the game but they could have so much more. Like have some Pokemon like Ponyta run around, have things like machokes battling each other to show strength, have the Pokemon who canonically prey on other Pokemon go around attacking them. Maybe even some Pokemon have different ways of protecting themselves from you throwing balls at them and you have to figure out how to catch them. I really appreciated things like nosepass always trying to point north or sudowoodo pretending to be a tree when in danger, it was some fun touches but I think they can greatly expand upon the idea to really make it seem like your exploring a world with a large variety of monsters to discover and learn about.

All I really want is Pokemon interactions.
Like, let me fucking pet the wild bidoofs or be able to offer food by hand to some Pokemon.
Maybe make some not always aggressive or have a way to stop the fucking level 4 shinx outside of the front door of the village from being full on "hey bruh, let's smackdown" when I'm walking around with a fucking team of level 70s.

a little more time to polish it more. The graphics were certainly a step up from SwSh but not by as much as it should have been. The boss battle system needs more fleshing out too. Throwing bags of catnip was fine for some of the bosses but made little sense when battling something like the ones in the end of the game. Maybe a little variety between them somehow.

I know I'm going to get a bunch of naysayers on this one but the lack of voice acting is really beginning to take me out of the game. If you're gonna focus on story-driven plots with expository cutscenes you could at least attempt to make them more engaging than a fucking text dump. Mobile games and spin-off games have it and it doesn't take away from anything there.

>1 pokemon should be able to follow you
>you should be able to jump without wyrdeer
>minimap or compass FFS
>ability to release more than 1 pokemon at a time

if i can do any of these please already let me know. i am a new fag

Once you fill up 4 boxes you can talk to the lady at the farm and she gives you the ability to release multiple Pokemon at once.

for arceus, maybe. I wouldn't be as against it in a game like this but the mainline games are fine with the text dialogue. VA Cast would take money though, unless they hired some no talent newbies that would flub their dialogue. I guarantee you, bad voice acting would get flamed harder than sticking to text for 20+ years ever would.

Not getting evos as soon as or even before you get the chance to use the base form.
Take Goomy, for example.
As soon as you find, an alpha Sligoo is right there.
Or even just Budew.
Right away, Roselia is right there.

A compass to show your orientation, it's annoying to either have to check the map 5 times in a row to confirm you're going the right way or to have to put waypoint markers everywhere you want to go.

A setting that lets you enable or disable the "spotted by wild/alpha Pokemon" music that overrides the overworld music. Of course it should be on by default, but after a while it gets annoying when you just wanna enjoy the background music but something spots you every 5 seconds, plus this wouldn't take away functionality since the eye icon at the top of the screen does the same thing as the context music.

I think Sneasler could have been 100% context-sensitive when the player approaches a steep wall (sorta like how you can't select Basculegion unless you're in water), considering there's no practical reason to ride it otherwise. And for that matter, put the Pokedex as a page inside D-pad up menu, freeing up the D-pad down button so that the other three ride Pokemon can have dedicated buttons. I'm in the postgame and I still take a million button presses to scroll from my current mount to the one I'm looking for because I constantly forget what order they cycle in.

Baby Pokemon are stupidly scarce for what they are, which feels obsolete since the whole idea of them being scarce originally was to encourage breeding for them, which is gone now. Just make every baby as common as Pichu, but have their evolved forms be slightly rarer to compensate.

Why is Cherubi so stupidly rare? I haven't seen a single one yet, and I've been repeatedly going in and out of areas and checking the trees it's able to spawn in. Surely they could've toned down all the Burmy/Wormadam encounters in favor of more Cherubi spawn chances.

Other than these nitpicks (and more general stuff like graphics, which everyone is well aware of), the game is great.

>Maybe make some not always aggressive or have a way to stop the fucking level 4 shinx outside of the front door of the village from being full on "hey bruh, let's smackdown" when I'm walking around with a fucking team of level 70s.
You can at least argue "how are they meant to see your team inside their Pokéballs". But why do they attack while you're riding something as intimidating as Noble Ursaluna?

>It should have been a fully fledged dating sim by now
kys