Evolve from man made items

>evolve from man made items
>can be found in the wild
I don't get it. PLA was the perfect chance for them to retcon this but instead they doubled down on it.

Attached: f478ef46f28e6f3afd8a53f6441a90c75a885000_hq.jpg (1024x547, 66.16K)

based BOOBURN

Maybe he was released by a human

Time rift shenanigans I guess.

>wanders into time distortion
>drawn to a random item that appears in the zone
>evolves
easy

But I don't like that. I want them to be natural evolutions. They aren't robots.

They're just concentrations of natural energies, ones that, after living with for extended periods of time, could trigger evolution. Like take how now Leafeon and Glaceon can evolve via either exposure to proper environments, or by having those environments condensed into stones to get the full dose all at once.

Noble Arcanine evolving without a stone shows some Pokemon can evolve naturally even without the use of items. Probably just a rare thing that happens to stronger Pokemon which is why the wild fully evolved ones are usually alphas.

>Electabuzz evolves by absorbing a shitload of electricity
>Electirizer is a box filled with massive amounts of electrical energy
>Electabuzz evolves when the box is used on it/traded with it
>Man-made evolution

It's literally Kindergarten shit man, please don't tell me you do not understand how an Electabuzz could evolve in the wild

Don't the dex entries even say electabuzz like climbing up high to get shocked during thunderstorm. Those bastards are trying to evolve.

this could be potentially applied to magmar by just it reaching high enough temperatures via magma

Where do you think the Pokemon go after being released from the pasture?

That is one of the worse offenders. Just create a fkin moss stone and snow stone... Make them key items if needed.
> Much item bloat!?!
Who cares, RPG always have items players don't use 99% of the time.

They did do that in SWSH (Leaf Stone and Ice Stone). But they went with the location rocks in PLA because the game is about exploring.

In case you missed it, Pokémon isn't your typiccal RPG. They actually goive a shit about worldbuilding for the creatures, as the creatures are the selling point of the whole show, not "generic anime protagonist type C/Dragon type D/Waifufag bait typeA" like the rest of the genre.

Attached: The tears of unfathomable sadness.gif (400x279, 331.66K)

And, you know, the fact they'd introduced the rocks in DP originally, so it would make sense to include them in the prequel era and offer the same function.
Legends is basically a remake of DP of sorts, why are people surprised Game Freak played it as true to DP as they did?

>"IT'S noT YouR TyPIcAL RpG!" - Yup, Pokemon is pretty shitty rpg series.

They actually goive a shit about worldbuilding for the creatures - AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... FUCK YOU ARE SO DUMB.

But that's the problem, they do not actually evolve with leaf and ice stone... They evolve with moss and snow, so give us a moss stone and a snow stone or something. The ones that evolve in high magnetic zones should not evolve with electric stone, should have a new stone, magnetic stone for example.
By making them evolve by old stones when they did not evolve like that in the past, they are doing the opposite of what you are saying. They are just too lazy to give us locations every game and even more lazy for not giving us the proper items. Instead of making them evolve with old stones, making the change a retcon, they should give us new key items that mimic the locations, example moss stone key item, magnetic stone key item, etc...

Don't get it either though you can make an argument for it like some user earlier
Another explanation though, and my go-to one, is that they evolved when exposed to the same shit that is used to make said items.
You know, like Growlithe-H evolved in the volcano despite evolving with a Fire Stone

These ARE natural evolutions.
Same with steelix.

iirc dont you fine the evo items being held by wild magby and elekid too? if they can have them then there can exist in the wild