So, lemme get this right;

So, lemme get this right;
arceus kidnaps you across time-space and quite literally dumps you in the past with the vague instruction to 'meet all the pokemon'. the following 95% of the game everyone is like 'we dont know who the fuck you are, what the fuck the giant thing in the sky is, or why the noble pokemon are rampaging, but it doesn't matter too much, just go deal with it. And you do. Then the second you do, the sky turns blood red and shit for reasons, and you get exiled without even a moment's protest, and then volo goes 'oh yea btw here's this lady who knows the answers to everything just chilling out here inna woods lol', and you get the summation of the plot in the final minutes of the game.
Why did they do it like this?
They had a 'plot', but chose to just ignore it until the last minute like a procrastinated school project.
Why wasn't this lady like skulking about throughout the game much to all of the other character's superstitions, but giving you hints on what was going on, or anything like that? I came up with notion in actual seconds, and it gives the game SOMETHING in terms of a story throughout the playthrough.

Attached: pla-characters_0000_ryujinx_capture_2022-01-26_14-08-58.jpg (1280x720, 242.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K03Y2FP9qhI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why did they do it like this?
Coherent writing is too hard for Pokemon.

Now THAT is a great adventure!

>mc is almost certainly the champion of sinnoh given the skill they possess at the start of the game and the older than expected age
>they never get to go home and are forever trapped in the past, never to see their family and friends ever again
What did Arceus mean by this>

Volo is using the player to gather all the plates for him.

volo intentionally hid her from you until you beat all the nobles. it was all just him having a history boner and trying to meet arceus. he used you to accomplish his goal. his downfall was underestimating you and allowing you to get multiple legendaries

It's like the ending of Princess Fantaghiro

>銀行 ginko means bank
>merchant
>believes hes gods chosen person
>subverts and manipulates to achieve his goals
>works with the fallen one to undermine god
>nationless, expelled from 109 regions
>teaches you how to attack from behind
>stokes the flames of conflict between two tribes with different interpretations of the same religion
>does 9/11
>guild's main colors are gold (lol) and the colors of the Israeli flag
>guild is the (((history keepers))) of the region, manipulates historical records for personal gain
>descendants are in positions of power (champion and strongest gym leader of Sinnoh)

this

BW main characters are also missing after their game and it has been decade since then without any sort of cameo or something

It's a reverse Samurai Jack

That's fine honestly

What bothered me the most was the entire segment between Kamado's battle and Origin Dialga/Palkia capture
>you catch one legendary
>the other one appears and starts fucking shit up
>you just run away and regroup
>you have this entire quest about getting the materials to forge a special ball
>the three ninja chicks appear for some reason
>meanwhile the dangerous legendary just fucking sits there on Mt. Coronet the entire time, just waiting for you
Where the FUCK is the sense of urgency in that? What was supposed to be a potentially a catastrophic event just felt like something you could procrastinate and ignore for a while if you wanted

Yeah I don't get why you didn't have the special ball forged BEFORE then

Arceus moves in mysterious ways.

They didn't ignore the plot, the characters simply didn't know what was going on, and the one that did was lying to you the whole game and it's pretty obvious he's hiding something after the first couple times you meet him.

Plus, most pokemon games are 'go get the gym badges' and are then interrupted by world ending threats, so I really don't see much of a difference here.

Motherfucker just play the fucking gmae if you want to understand it you loser.

Original Dragon took them to the past to make things right. Their mothers will never see them again and will keep endlessly waiting for them to come home.

its implied that it all done in 1 day. the whole game happens in like a week. i do agree that it doesnt make sense that dialgia/palkia are just chilling there rather than following you. and the whole existence of the bandits honestly baffles me, they add absolutely nothing to the story

It couldn't be forged before then since the red chain wasn't broken then, and if you'd used it on the first legendary you wouldn't have had it for the second, so the problem would have been worse if you had made the ball beforehand. I also think you only got the hint for the origin ore after catching the first one.

I do agree with the lack of urgency though. Such a lack of energy leading up to that finale after building up pretty well for a bit there.

Should have been part of the main game and not at the tail end and post-game.

my personal theory is that cognita is also a time traveler that fell around the same time as you(or maybe earlier) from around the time of the original hero. she meets volo and tells him about the "legend" she knows of (which arent actually legends but what she experienced). she hears about you and determined that the original hero was reincarnated or something and thats why she believes she needs to help you. volo seems to be one of the few characters not shocked by your sudden appearance and probably battles you to determine if he can use you to get the plates for him. something that i find really interesting is that her settlement is right around where celestic town is in modern dp

Why does everyone seem to ignore that when the player gets exiled, literally every character that talks to you doesn't at all agree with how it was handled and no one agreed with that decision except the guy who exiled you? All in the same cutscene.

And then later on, you get told his backstory and why he acted irrationally, and then the guy admits it was a fucked up thing to do and gets on his hands and knees to apologize?

>Why is Volo not helping
user he;s the bad guy

Arceus wants Time Traveller-kun to create a time paradox and become his/her own ancestor. Either that, or the MC in PLA is literally (You) whom Arceus isekai’d from the real world into the Pokemon world.opkd4

youtu.be/K03Y2FP9qhI

I still don't get why the space-time rift even existed, why Dialga and Palkia were starting shit at all, or why they have super forms either. Or why the sky went red for that matter, too. Nor how does catching them fix everything.