I like legends...

youtu.be/5wrVggMYhb4?t=1438

I like legends, but why are people so delusional and thinking that PLA formula will be used in the mainline games going forward?

Attached: 32432523432.jpg (421x421, 26.02K)

Its just cope from non-pokemon fans who think GameFreak is going to abandon their tried and true money-making formula to pander to the single-player audience when pokemon has always been a game about trading and battling as the main focus.

I swear I saw a piece of marketing media where a feature was described as being "for legends games."

>tried and true money-making formula
So Pokemon Go

Attached: profit.png (748x557, 100.68K)

the one about action - RPG?

something like "Legends games are going to be action - RPG"?

No it was something like "this move will function this way in legends games." I can't fucking remember what it was, but I remember it was the one thing I saw that made me think legends would be its own adjacent thing. I don't think it will replace mainline.

Typical nintendo youtuber who hates turn based JRPGS

>thinking that PLA formula will be used in the mainline games going forward?
if you armchair analysts get this wrong, i'm gonna have a heart attack from laughing

if it doesn't become the mainline, then i'll keep pre-ordering the games because that makes this board seethe

Not a copy paste, but this game is getting good sales, praise from the media, fans and bringing new people, so is logical people asume the mainline games might take some aspects

this is game freak we're talking about.

They're not going to pump out open world games and abandon the tourney scene

Logically they'll have a mainline split version, a Legends side game, and a remake done by Ilca on a yearly cycle from now on.

Maybe this, just like SMT did split the franchise into traditional games and legends games

Many elements from SWSH were adapted into LA, and it is safe to say that Game Freak is interested in evolving this gameplay style.
Yes, Pokémon will still have a story and competitive gameplay but many elements from LA will be kept on for future games to come,

>a remake done by Ilca
This is the worst thing ever. I don't want future remakes to be like BDSP

So why haven't they done this before?

I'd wager that it's a mix between the general lack of interest for spinoffs (Trozei, the Ranger games, etc.) and that most of the spinoff games don't have mechanics that cannot easily be replicated (Mystery Dungeons). We have seen that the MSG CAN be affected by spinoff games if said game is popular enough (PoGo can transfer into the MSG and has contributed Meltan and Melmetal). It is also noteworthy to note that no other console-based spinoff has achieved the level of popularity that PLA has, so it is difficult to base predictions for the future of the MSG off of historical precedents (or, in this case, the lack thereof).

That said, we still have solid grounds for speculation. The MSG core combat system is unlikely to change to match the PLA system, as that would be a fundamental change to the foundation of the series. The MSG storyline will most likely continue to be an adventure centering around a kid/teenager running around the countryside with little more than the desire to be the best, though the mid-story plot can experience some deviations (SM had no gyms, SwSh had no true villain team, etc.). There is a reasonable chance that Hisuian variants will be permitted into the MSG at some point, since there are currently no other "spinoff-exclusive" Pokémon currently in existence.

Due to PLA's massive success, another "Pokémon Legends" title is nearly inevitable. Much like Rangers and Mystery Dungeons before it, Legends will most likely usher in a series of successor games.

LA is functionally an iteration on the wild area and if you don't think the wild Pokemon interaction is here to stay, you're delusional.

It's a very nice base to go forward on. People had a very warm reception of it. And, clearly, GF wanted to go "open world" for a while.

So Legends will be the Persona to the main series' SMT?

If it's popular and certain aspects stand out they'd have no reason not to incorporate them into future games. Also certain things would just feel like shit after PLA, I can't imagine going back to the old way of learning and forgetting moves.