Thoughts on Pokemon X and Y?

Thoughts on Pokemon X and Y?

Attached: 1637383010325.png (1200x1440, 727.41K)

The thread I saw earlier today showed me how little I actually remember of the game when it comes to the world.

>the villain’s motivation is subtlety justified throughout the game
SOVL

Could have been good game if it had postgame..

I want to fuck floette

Forgettable. ORAS was better as a game than XY. Still not SwSh tier awful, but they could have been better

The class struggles in this game flew over my head the first time I played it. It redeems Lysandre, but his grunts still being dickheads don't really help his case.

It did have a postgame, so I guess the game is good then

Some major flaws but overall I like them. At least the region itself.

I don't think the sheer amount of variety in the wild encounter tables has been beaten, except maybe by SWSH's Wild Areas. Still miss the PSS.

It feels unfinished, it was the only pokemon game that truly needed a third version

Weak games that are only saved from being some of the worst in the series by older first pairs having outdated mechanics.

Swshit fans are so mad the games are the most shit on they do nothing but start gen wars every thread

>nooo you can't inherit stuff!
Cope. My mom is inheriting the house to me so I never will pay rent

>t. never played RS or DP or BW

DP didn't need a postgame because it lacked things to do, it needed a postgame because it was a bit of a tech nightmare and wanted an overhaul.

XY has more things to do than DP.

>B-BUT MUH POSTGAME
arbitrarily shoving stuff after the credits doesn't make the game good. XY has 450 pokemon to find during the campaign alone while DP has only 150.

Yeah but X and Y had kind of a small crappy region and didn't get good at all until the postgame with mega hunting, wheras DP had a lot of neat places to explore and then a new big island to catch pokemon on when you beat the champion.

You absolutely can but it doesn't mean you did anything to earn it.

>RS
It was fine game
>DP
it was to slow but a solid game
>BW
Never had a third version

Oh yeah that happened

Her dialogue justifies killing all poor people?

Pretty good game all in all, not perfect but certainly not as bad as it's meme'd to be. Way better than swsh

>First wild encounter is hard coded to be Pidgey from KANTOO.. so nostalgic!
>First real area is Viridian Forest from KANTOOO... but in 3D!!
>Battle with the Professor, who uses all three KANTOOOO starters
>After I beat him he gives me CHARIZARD from KANTOOOOO as a second starter, and her mega stone (she has two btw)
>Meet the PC storage guy, and guess what, he was sent by Bill, THE BILL, from KANTOOOOOO to run the PC storage in kalos
>Get to a bridge but it's blocked by Snorlax - just like in KANTOOOOOOO
>I have to get the Poke Flute and wake up Snorlax to progress - JUST. LIKE. IN. KANTOOOOOOOO
>Enter the irrelevant evil team's base, and have to use spinners and warp titles to traverse the plac-... wait a minute... this is just like when I was facing Team Rocket in KANTOOOOOOOOO
>Battle the irrelevant evil team's leader for the last time, boring, but then he whips out MEGA GYARADOS holy SHIT!!! It's a KANTOOOOOOOOOO Pokemon I recognize! I CLAPPED!
>Fight the Professor again, but this time all three KANTOOOOOOOOOOO starters of his are fully evolved - HOLY SHIT IS THAT CHARIZARD?!
>Enter some random cave called the "Unknown Dungeon"... that name sounds familiar... nothing here, lame... hold on.. i-i-is t-that... n-no way... i-i-is that .. M-MEWTWO?!?!?!? THE MEWTWO?! F-FROM K... K... KANTOOOOOOOOOOOO?!?!?! And she has TWO MEGAS?!?!? EPIC!!
X/Y was the much needed fresh of breath air that really saved the franchise from the disaster that was Unova.

Attached: 1545861919620.png (535x571, 703.78K)

I haven't played this since it came out but someone clear something up for me since I never quite got it
Was Team Flare one big scam? I remember some grunt saying they needed to pay to be a member. Was Lysandre's plan just to take all their money and let them die?

It was the entry point to the series after gen 5 scared old fans away

genwunners loved gen 5 tho because it was fresh and not the same exact shit for the fifth time

Can’t remember the gym leaders, only remember two cities, hated the main villain and the professor, your rivals are complete trash, but worse they’re insanely annoying, and the designs are somehow worse than unova’s dex. Truly an embarrassment carried by its 3DS attachment rate.