Ideas that could've made Legends a little more interesting...

Ideas that could've made Legends a little more interesting. I'll start by suggesting the following - using the environment during battles to your advantage.

Imagine this, you send out your Pokemon behind a tree or a rock after a wild Pokemon becomes aggressive. The tree/rock/whatever could serve as cover from enemy attacks.

Attached: legends.png (1273x1000, 175.25K)

Throwing a ball while riding wyrdeer.

Allowing Pokemon to act as item functions, like smoke or the clearing the area item.

start merging snap into mainline
they already sort of start that with all the extra pokedex stuff, have it so you can lure pokemon to one another or getting them to sleep somewhere or find a secret location that has some rare item and a better spawn for X pokemon or something

This, Braviary would have been great too.

>it's hailing outside
>go into battle
>there's no hail
GF plz

>using the environment during battles to your advantage.
Too convoluted.

>start merging snap into mainline
They honestly could have just added a camera and maybe an npc that gives you items or something based on the quality of the shot.

Bioshock's research camera makes some sense in Pokemon. Actually using the pokedex to study and increase chances of getting pokemon with better stats or moves would be cool

Actually, better idea. Do what Monster Hunter Rise does and allow you to btake pictures of the monster for the dex.

Fucking this.
It’s so infuriating what every time I need to get ore or berries I have to dismount...
Thankfully it doesn’t have long dismount animation at least...

>and allow you to btake pictures of the monster for the dex
It’s hilarious what out of all things MH have that feature but Pokemon game ABOUT CREATING FIRST EVER DEX - does not.

that would actually be great
they could have more puzzles like the regi stuff except you'd actually see them
specifically in the new snap you have a fairly large chain of things to do to find lugia

The best part is that it was fucking optional anyway.

The easiest way to integrate the mechanic would be to tie it to research. Give every photo a 1-4 star rating and have it count as that many research tasks complete. Maybe give a bonus like an increased drop rate for Pokemon with 4 star photos complete.

Following Pokemon except it actually serves a mechanical purpose. If you have a legndary or something following you, the random asshole geodudes who normally want you dead go "nope" and fuck off.

Plus BOTW had it too

It's kind of a staple in these big field type games, it's kind of surprising pokemon doesn't have it.

You can go to any of the areas from the start or just have one big seamless area.

Most normie idea but
when a rift appears on the map, multiple players being able to meet in that rift would be good
even local multiplayer àla Let's Go would work

I feel like that would be a bit cluttered in a single rift. How about a giant rift event that spans an entire map with a raid boss if you catch/defeat certain pokemon?

Not bad

all the ride pokemon unlocked from the start or unlocked much earlier, also more trainer battles

It’d be pretty difficult to implent considering the sheer volume of pokemon, but unique behaviors. I think simple stuff like bird pokemon being nestled in a tree asleep at night would go a long way.

I thought I saw some Pokemon climbing trees at first but I think they were just glitching up there, kek

i saw a buneary climb into a tree a few times and I tried to catach them but hit a branch and startled them