Do you believe Pokémon designs have worsened? If so, when do you the decline started?

Do you believe Pokémon designs have worsened? If so, when do you the decline started?

Attached: Intellion.jpg (273x595, 25.72K)

there was a noticeable change in gen 2 to more rounded shapes, then again in gen 3 to more vibrant colours and patterns. gen 4 and 5 cemented the numon look of narrow waists, joints, spikes, accessories, and those features become more exaggerated with each generation since then. kids still eat it up, so whatever it's worse depends on your metrics and personal tastes, i guess. kids prefer cinderace to nidoking. i personally prefer gen 1, and have no pokemon i love beyond gen 3.

Gen 3 is a hard break from the previous 2 gens for me. Also the low point of the series. 4 was a step in the right direction but still not great.

Designs improved.

Attached: sphere with face.png (860x680, 274.77K)

Gens 1-3 are fairly consistent. A few stinkers here and there, but mostly solid monster design. Gen 4 is when mediocre/bad designs started becoming significantly more common. It's gotten much worse since then.

>If so, when do you the decline started?
4 when they started putting pointless spikes on everything and ran out of ideas for the starters so they made all three of them just generic animals but with overdesigned shit slapped all over them.

Gen 5 was the first time I found myself actively disliking designs instead of just "this doesnt appeal to me but I can live with it"

Yes. First decline was with Gen 3.
Then again in Gen 5.
Gen 6 was the first to be more bad than good.
By Gen 8 it's almost all trash.

I don't think they've gotten necessarily worse, just more "extreme". Newer gens will give me tons of favourites but also least favourites at the same time.
Galar, however, is an exception and has godawful fucking designs as a whole.

Only improves in odd-numbered gens. Even numbers have been noticeably worse games overall.

I really don't mind much from the first 5 generations. I think they'd all rank a B or higher. Kalos is when I first felt like "wow, I'm really not into these guys." Alola was honestly pretty good thanks to it's wonderful theming. They really went all the way with the tropical theme with most designs and the Dex has so much personality because of it, one of my favorite regional dexes in the series. Galar was again a lot like Kalos, fervently mediocre with a few highlights. I've honestly never disliked the starter Pokemon in a game, but WOW the Galar starters are terrible.

It is undeniable that Pokemon design philosophy has changed over the years. I wouldn't say it got better or worse though, just different.

Gen 3 brought a big shift in design philosophy, as gen 2 was made with scraps that didn't make it into gen 1. Gen 4 continued down that path with worse designs. I'd say gen 5 really solidified modern pokemon design philosophy.
So the downfall started in gen 3 but didn't get bad until 4 on, but you could say that about most aspects of this series.
Having said that, Gen 6 and 7 had pretty strong lineups outside of the starters and there's good designs in every gen.

Yes. First signs were the mega forms in gen 6, then it progressed with ultrabeats and tapus in gen 7, spread to regular pokemon designs in SwSh, peaked in PLA

Designs go up and down throughout the franchise I think
I hate Inteleon but gen 8 has a lot of designs I really like (Grimmsnarl, Flapple, and Indeedee are favorites now)

You have bad taste

>hates Inteleon but likes Shitsnarl
Awful taste. I bet you enjoy sucking dicks, too.

Sixth gen had a bunch of crappy designs like the new Fairies (Florges, Aromatisse, Slurpuff) and the Megas but still had plenty of good ones like Aegislash and Noivern
Seventh gen was where it all went down hill where they just started making fuckin cereal box mascots, blatant fetishbait, and cartoon characters instead of cartoon monsters

Gen 4 was when the decline started, gen 5 was the lowest point, and then gen 6-8 have been only slightly better than gen 5.

There's a wider variety, but by my personal taste, I've gone from liking almost every -mon introduced each generation, to only liking a handful.

>hating a sexy goblin man
Sad

Gen 3 is when the decline started. Everything got 'nintendoified' and rounded and made for toddlers. Gen 7 is when the designs started reaching new lows though.

Attached: 1637324375523.png (774x774, 386.75K)

>Implying it's Grimmsnarl that is the bad one
Flapple is one of the shittiest designs ever

Araquanid is cool

Fairies shouldn't be masculine. Masculinity is cringe.

one thing that interests me about the "not every pokemon is in every game" thing is like, will the bad designs just slowly be quietly excluded from the games? like will Inteleon and Eiscue just never be seen again?

Why didn't you post a bad design?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. To me it and its prevo are some of the most putrid designs in the franchise.

Gen 4 when they put a literal inflation fetishist in charge of the designs.

>hating a little gecko that lives in an apple
Sad

Eiscue is so retarded it's good

Exactly my opinion
>flapple
Based

Yeah a lot of designs like grimsnarl too I like but it depends on the Pokémon

Overall no, but the starter designs overall since gen 5 are pretty bad. Greninja, Samurott, Decidueye are the only ones in those 4 generations of pokemon that aren't bad.

Inteleon is too popular in Japan to be excluded from games forever.

The Gen 4 cross gen evos are a definitely low point