Unironically the worst thing ever put in a Pokémon game

Unironically the worst thing ever put in a Pokémon game.

Attached: the sea's legend.png (560x625, 277.66K)

Nah. SwSh evolution method for Runerigus is worse

there's nothing wrong with it

not even slightly

>put entire arceus storyline in-game
>never give out the azure flute
yup and this request you could google day 1 is the worst

>quest is unsolvable inside its own game without telling you
>not the worst thing ever

Context?

>quest is inaccessible inside its own game without hacking
>not the worst thing ever

You can't solve the mystery in the game but have to consult an obscure book in BDSP to get the answer. Also no NPC including the professor who requested it will give any more hints after the initial cutscene.

>>quest is unsolvable inside its own game without telling you
yes
it's a word of mouth thing, the very soul that caused pokemania to happen

or the internet

Oh that's what the new book was for? I never found it in my game

>you accept a specific quest from a billboard
>get a cutscene where the characters talk about a sighting of a rare Pokemon spoken of in legends
>character mentions there was a book called A Sea's Legend, but it's been lost
>solution to the quest is to remember there was a book called "A Sea's Legend" in the Canacove Library in BDSP, which tells you the steps to find Manaphy
It's also completely optional. Manaphy doesn't count toward full Pokedex completion.

you can’t even get the quests for the other mythicals without having save data for those games so this is an upgrade

Oh, thats cool.

git gud fgt.
Just catch a buizel and a mantyke and evolve your queefish into an overqueef before sailing between two rocks. Easy peasy.

that's soulful as fuck

why is this a bad thing sounds soulful to me

The only problem with it is that the quest appears on your quest list, so it looks like something you're supposed to be able to clear normally. So people run around trying different things in-game to solve it before giving up and just searching for the answer online. If they didn't put it on your quest list, I don't think anyone would be bothered by it.

And if you wanted to solve it yourself without looking it up? Professor mentioned the Pokémon he saw was headed for the Cobalt Coastlands, so you could just as well scour the entire area without any clue what to do. You find its cave easily enough, there's text on the tunnel wall in the Tidal Passage that seems like it's meant to be something but you can't interact with it. I spent fucking days running around talking to every NPC ingame for a hint and even did that impossible balloon popping mini-game to no avail. I completed the Pokédex entry for every single water type or fish I've found in case one of them was what the Professor was looking for, because how should I know it was Manaphy? Having the answer be in a different game altogether or the fucking internet doesn't make me feel smart or accomplished, just that the game did me dirty.

Not even the worst thing in that game.

Attached: D51571C2-66AE-4CB7-B9ED-8D726EC6D018.png (250x250, 30.68K)

>Imagine being bested by a baby game
smuganimeface.jpg

nobody tell him

Okay so you start a mysterious request about a mythical pokemon you have to find by seaching in the lore you find in other points of space-time of the Sinnoh region in order to catch this legendary being, rather than simply being handled one for free like when you get the special clothes?
What the FUCK is supposed to be wrong here? It's marvelous

no one is bothered about it

You weren't alive during the peak of GameFAQs and internet forums, were you?

No, you're just retarded

KEK filtered by a single request

I will never understand the autistic mind.
>Bro, just look it up
>No, here's a 2-paragraph reason why I don't.

When stats and abilities were leaked I was so scared of this shit getting Fleur Cannon + Contray, don't know how good she may actually be now

yeah its retarded it was never released to people its probably the best event out of any games. i wasn't aware of that until like a year ago tho because i played them on my r4 card when they came out and got cheat codes for it

>because how should I know it was Manaphy?
they make it pretty clear with how it's a legend and the way they refer to it as a "princely pokemon"
Manaphy has always been the prince of the sea no matter what waifucucks here will say

I think you’d find the cave by exploring before it became a problem though, for the people who aren’t big pokefaggots and haven’t seen the book on the internet like all of us have already I mean.

You have to do something incredibly specific, it doesn’t matter if you find a cave

So it's wrong to try and enjoy games the intended way rather than look everything up now? Bet you faggots haven't had a single surprise in a game your entire lives because you gobble down every leak that's presented to you.

I'm guaranteed one of the older dudes in this thread.