Is the Dex Cut a good thing?

I haven't seen a lot of complaints about the smaller size of the dex in PLA. It seems like the "smaller dex for better animations" excuse actually works here rather than what happened before SwSh.

Would you be ok with the dex being cut in future games if it meant more quality animations for Pokemon in and out of battle? or would you prefer quantity over quality?

Attached: snorlax.png (643x482, 337.01K)

As long as they introduce a substantial amount of new Pokémon, I don’t care. I only play with a team of 6 mons introduced in that game.

Cut pokemon will not improve animations or models or anything it will remain the same for a few more years.
The dex was cut mainly because adding 900+ creatures every game + 50~ more in every generation will become tedious and there will be a time that there would be so many pokemon that it would be difficult to implement them all every single game.
The dexcut was inevitable

Yes just cut every mon past gen 4 except the waifumons

>or would you prefer quantity over quality
How about expecting one of the world's biggest franchises to have quality AND quantity?

Nobody complained about the cut of the Pokédex in PLA, because the pokéfans have now surrendered to mediocrity and lack of quality.

I would 100% prefer quantity over quality. This is Pokemon. If I can't catch and use all the Pokemon I want, the game is worse because of it.

Having less pokemon in the ingame wild is fine.
The problem with Sw/Sh was not being able to trade/battle pokemon from other games, and killing cross-game compatibility even after patches. When previous same-gen games could link to eachother even if their ingame dex was limited.

The animations in PLA are definitely the best we’ve gotten so far, but still a lot of room for improvement. But yeah, I’ll take less mons if it means each one gets diverse, unique animations for each of their moves.

There's no advantage to having every Pokemon in every game anyway. Back in the day only true autists transferred everything from the old games. It took ages. Not to mention turns your previous games into empty husks. You could only do it after beating the game anyway so the only purpose for them was battle frontier which no longer exists, or online battles which benefit the most from a more limited roster.
The main reason to have it is so that people can look at their old bros, which you can still do by just booting up and playing the old games. Needing to code the ever increasing roster of Pokemon into every game not only means most Pokemon don't get the attention that deserve, but also deprives every game of its identity. E.g. ultra beasts are a fun concept for one game, but now we have to accept overpowered interdimensional aliens as something every single game that includes them is about. Should also be telling that the most soulless region by a mile is the one with the most massive regional dex with zero identity and random mons sprinkled everywhere.

Next they should add any kind of ai so the mons actually do things except patrol a 10 foot square or fly in circles

The dex cut was the only thing I actually liked about Sword and Shield
At the sheer number of Pokemon nowadays having every single one in the game is just absurd
I much prefer being able to catch every Pokemon in the game, in that game
Arceus is even more in the right direction with no version exclusive Pokemon or trade-only evolutions
GF can't keep catering to transfer autists forever.
"b-b-b-but I need to transfer my 15 year old combusken to the newest game so it can sit in my box and never be used again!"

>I read wikipedia number so game should do whatever I want!

Or because it’s actually enough Pokémon for the gameplay that is provided and any more would bog the game’s pacing down

Sword and Shield is still the main game for PvP and trading so it's not really an issue for singleplayer focused PLA.

The dexcut was made because adding all the Pokémon in the game would slow down the development time of the game, and this TPCI trying to make money in the fastest time possible cannot afford it!

The way it's handled with national Dex is ofcourse the ideal way. So only say 250-350 available in the actual story but afterwards you can have access to all of them via transfer or wild. Legend's seems to have a legitimate reason for the limitation due to how they made the game. Could have maybe done with 50 more mons. There are several lifeless areas in the game.

>He wants a pokemon game that uses 80+gigs of storage
Doesn't matter anyway, game sold over 6 million in 6 days, and is going to get dlc that adds 50-100 pokemon back each.

/Thread

>would you prefer quantity over quality
Animations are still garbage in mainline games. The issues with PLA is that it has no multiplayer and has barely any battles. With gen 8, the lack of a national dex coupled with their absolutely retarded release of DLC full of old legendaries, the meta became and absolute nightmare and the decision was completely unjustified. All future games and competitive absolutely should be balanced around the full pokedex being available. I'd rather they just stop make new pokemon and stick to the occasional forms for regional dexes and have home imports for the rest.

>Animations are still garbage in mainline games
people always say this yet can never post examples of other games having better animations with the sheer number of characters and moves, and they're often also the same people who cocksuck gen 5's horrible sprite tweening animations. I can't take this criticism seriously unless you post references.

fucking this. Fuck this false binary bullshit

smt5

>coping fanfic

Why not beg for 1000 new pokemon every game while you're at it? After all it's one of the biggest franchises in the world right?

>damn it would be pretty fucked up if you said this thing I just made up in my head, wouldn't it