Honest discussion

Why do people say Gen 6 was the downfall?

>Gym Leaders using 3 Pokémon
Started in Gen 5
>Elite Four using 4 Pokémon
Started in Gen 5
>Focus on the characters and story rather than your own adventure
Started in Gen 4
>Linear gameplay
Started in Gen 4
>Excessive handholding
Started in Gen 4
>Linear region
Started in Gen 5
>Theme pack region with no identity
Started in Gen 5
>Roadblocks after every story advancement
Started in Gen 5
>Simple route design
Started in Gen 5
>No postgame
Started in Gen 5

Seems to me like Gen 4/5 was the beginning of the downfall (with a brief peak at HGSS).

Gens 1-3 + LA is "true Pokémon".

Attached: tumblr_129ae3ba958d903dc2e3ecdbd098ea88_c36120d7_1280.png (760x1050, 1.31M)

because it just is
OP keeps on coping
fpbp

because they still had worthwhile content
also the theme park region shit they do would be good if it was more open, shittoh is literally just trees for 90% of the region, id also say the way routes are designed in gen 5 and 6 are the best routes in the series, you get a point a to b means of travel as well as side areas off the main path to explore unlike alola and galar which are all just straight lines

>Focus on the characters and story rather than your own adventure
>Started in Gen 4
Nah, Gen 3 and 4 were pretty similar here; if you count Gen 4, count Gen 3

>you get a point a to b means of travel as well as side areas off the main path to explore unlike alola and galar which are all just straight lines
dumbass

Attached: 1613577894197.png (440x438, 162.74K)

>Roadblocks after every story advancement
Gen 4 actually
>Simple route design
This was gen 6
>No postgame
You're a fucking moron if you think gen 5 had no postgame

>Simple route design
>Started in Gen 5
You mean the region that went out of its way to make routes more dynamic with seasons? Weak bait, discordniggers.

>>Gym Leaders using 3 Pokémon
>>Elite Four using 4 Pokémon
Can't defend these

>>Focus on the characters and story rather than your own adventure
That was them trying to do something different, I'd blame Gen 5 for continuing the trend.

>>Linear gameplay
No, this was Gen 5 too.

>>Excessive handholding
Gen 6, not 4 or 5.

>>Linear region
>>Theme pack region with no identity
Again, one time thing, I'd excuse them the first time for trying something different.

>>Roadblocks after every story advancement
Pretty sure this was 4.

>>Simple route design
This was also Gen 6.

>>No postgame
Also Gen 6.

It wasn't Gen 4/5, it was Gen 5/6. People blame Gen 6 because Gen 5 tried to do a lot of things differently so it gets a pass.

yes I want to play red and blue clones over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ov...

>>Gym Leaders using 3 Pokémon
>Started in Gen 5
Not the issue. The issue is that the Gen 6 Gym leaders had 3 shitters and would often exclude obvious good choices from their team. The Gen 5 teams only had 3 but were generally crafted better.
>>Elite Four using 4 Pokémon
>Started in Gen 5
Same as above
>Started in Gen 4
*Started in Gen 3
>>Linear gameplay
>Started in Gen 4
*Started in Gen 3
>>Excessive handholding
>Started in Gen 4
I wouldn't say that's entirely accurate, it was more of a slow creep over the years, it was pretty minor in Gen 4 but each subsequent game took it to a new level.
>>Linear region
>Started in Gen 5
Correct, but the key thing about Unova was that the routes themselves were much less linear. The BW2 late game routes are kino. Kalos's routes are a little more linear but not excessively so.
>>Theme pack region with no identity
>Started in Gen 5
Wrong, I would argue this didn't really start until Gen 8
>>Roadblocks after every story advancement
>Started in Gen 5
Started in Gen 3/4
>>Simple route design
>Started in Gen 5
Completely false, there are a couple of short straight routes mostly around Nimbasa and Opelucid but the rest of the routes are great. Kanto did the same thing. In reality this didn't kick off as a system until Gen 7.
>>No postgame
>Started in Gen 5
Started in RS, or more accurately RBY. Every first version does this, you're supposed to judge based on the last version which by the way, ORAS was more designed as a middle game and the real final game of Gen 6 never happened. People will cry and screech that I said that because they hate being reminded and will deny that it's the truth and they can go lick my asshole.

Gen 6 did actually start:
>Prioritization of graphics over gameplay
>70-80 mon batches in a generation
>Cancellation of key games for the series
>Blatantly unfinished storylines and lore
>EXP share that one day became forced

>id also say the way routes are designed in gen 5 and 6 are the best routes in the series
6 maybe but 5 absolutely not. especially in base bw. the routes b2w2 added were good though.

overall, i'd say gen 2 and 3 have the best route design.

gen 3 had a mix of story and freedom. it was a perfect blend between what we got in the first two gens and gens 4-5.

Because Gen 5 feels like the last games where they actually put some effort and polish into it. Every game since has felt like an unfinished product that gets put together in a year.

>>No postgame
>Started in Gen 5
This is false. The Postgame for BW2 is still substantial.

>>Simple route design
>This was gen 6
No it fucking wasn't.

route designs in pokemon have always been simple lmao

Continued, a few other things that Gen 6 either started or normalized:
>Legendaries as giftmons
>No new areas to explore in postgame outside of an obligatory town for the battle facility
>Rivals that are emotional pushovers, and no, Barry, Cheren and Bianca don't count because they actually develop as characters, and Brendan/May barely had any involvement to begin with so not much was lost
>Power-up gimmicks for them to waste a generation on then throw in the garbage rather than keep around
>Transfer as a subscription mechanic and not a standard feature
Another minor gripe
>Gym leader rematches that aren't even real rematches because they don't use their full teams

>cool artwork
>egotistical watermark

artists constantly ruin their work and its funny as fuck

it's understandable at least. it's not like those stupid niggers who make memes on instagram then plaster their name all over it like anybody gives a shit

maybe if niggers stopped plagiarising art this wouldn't be an issue

Almost all the grievances you listed started in Gen 1 though.

if greedy jews never took over nfts then they would be a perfect way to verify the original artist of a work. but no the technology is used to trade monkeys instead