Is anyone else bothered by the fact that one day Bank will shut down and it will be impossible to legitimately transfer...

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that one day Bank will shut down and it will be impossible to legitimately transfer Pokemon from pre-Gen 5/6? I still like to go back and play the old games a lot. I guess I could just play the games and then re-create a Pokemon with the exact same data in PKHeX but it's not the same.

Attached: pokemon-bank-diagram-ultra-sun-ultra-moon-en.jpg (770x440, 58.4K)

never transferred anything
always play with new bros every game
simple as

I WOULD say that the continued advancements of modern technology will likely allow for old Pokemon to get transferred to all future games to come, but also this is Pokemon so I'm naturally skeptical and afraid that that might happen

I think in the far future you will probably be able to play every generation of Pokemon game as a downloadable on Nintendo's current hardware and they will connect straight to Home or whatever replaces Home. But I think there will be a gap between the 3DS service ending and that happening.

Beef causes heart attacks

Nah, Gamefreak will eventually add Home or whatever support to old VC/NSO tittles like they did with the GBC.

Piracy offers a better service.

then transfer your shit now lmao

You can't understate this. Having an entire collection just in a folder on my computer is so much better than paying to have it stored remotely.

A collection of counterfeit Pokemon doesn't mean anything to me.

They're counterfeit on Bank too. Not the originals, just soulless copies.

Is there a program that can extract your Pokemon data from an emulator or do you have to make them manually?

They're not counterfeit if it's an official service

PKHeX will let you back up everything. I'm not sure if it's automatic or not.
They're still soulless duplicates. The only difference is that you're paying for the privilege of hosting 10kb files.

Yes and you'll just have to pay an extra $30/month to play the 3DS NSO expansion pack when all you want is Pokemon

I honestly lost all interest in buying Pokemon games when I realized that they had built-in realtime time limits.

The difference is that Bank is official.

If the original file was generated by the games then nothing can tell the difference, it's legit. No amount of autism is gonna prove its origins either way when the games themselves can't tell the difference between a pokemon ripped from one game with pkhex then injected into another game vs sending it through bank/home/trade. If you didn't edit it then the file is 100% identical down to the hidden values that depend on other values the player can't directly influence and serve no known gameplay function. Or does copying a photo from one hard drive to another suddenly make it edited/fake?

Attached: BlxtPP1N_39a1wfQIoSd82Rp1sAoseNcPuKRhwcPVmc.jpg (2684x1460, 535.41K)

I don't care if it's a convincing counterfeit or not. I don't collect Pokemon to trick other people, I do it for my own personal satisfaction. And I'm not satisfied by something that I know is fake.

Fpbp

for me, emulated games are the official ones because it is a superior experience.