Fuck PLA and it's buggy unfinished garbage

I have been in a love-hate relationship with this game since the day I got it. I love that Pokemon is trying new things, and this is absolutely a huge step in the right direction, but the game is lacking soooooo much polish, and so many things make me question if this game even had a QA phase.
I'm drawing the line at this fucker. Due to a bug, it is literally uncatchable. Straight up impossible to catch due to a programming error.

Not only this, but there have just been so many poor programming choices, such as Pokeball hitboxes actually being collision hitboxes, causing them to bounce off a tree 3 feet away, completely unloading and reloading your character model if you change the color of your clothes, instead of, you know, just changing the texture, The pokeball reticle actually being positioned lower than you actually throw the ball, causing many of your shots to just fly straight over the mon, Pokemon dropping to literally 2-8 fps if you stray maybe just 30 meters away, a decision that didn't even need to be done for optimization due to how little there is going on on-screen, but given Gamefreak's track record, this was probably done because they couldn't be bothered to actually compile the remaining code and garbage data so instead they just tried to optimize around it.

I so badly want to like this game, I really really really do. Bad story and god-awful graphics I can tolerate if the game is fun, which at some points, is. But at the end of the day, the game is literally just unfinished. Come the fuck on.

Attached: Cherrim-Pokemon-legends-arceus.jpg (1280x720, 320.61K)

So if cherrim can't be caught did they make the game unbeatable or do you just have to evolve cherubi?

Don't care, game is fun and kino. Seethe harder.

The only way to obtain Cherrim is by evolving at the moment. Pokemon is aware of the bug and supposedly is being patched next update.

Let's not forget the fact that you can't even fly over lava because that would require them to program an interaction with lava if the player touches it, so instead they just took the easy route and just put gigantic invisible walls around it.

What? I caught one earlier today.

You don't necessarily have to catch Cherubi to get Cherrim.
The problem with Cherrim is the form change, it is the only catchable Pokémon in the game with an in-battle form change. Cherrim becomes uncatchable if it changes into Sunshine in-battle, and stays uncatchable even if it reverts back.
However just catch a Cherrim at night, when it won't transform, and it works as intended.

>The pokeball reticle actually being positioned lower than you actually throw the ball, causing many of your shots to just fly straight over the mon,
This only occurs with the flying balls which curve upward initially, its intentional. Learn how to aim, youre supposed to use the balls in different ways

>Pokemon dropping to literally 2-8 fps if you stray maybe just 30 meters away, a decision that didn't even need to be done for optimization due to how little there is going on on-screen
>making baseless accusations about optimization without actually knowing whats going on under the hood
The LODs are fine, most games have them. Honestly its a sign that gf is learning since they never used them before

Caught 4 Cherrim while Cherubi is one of the few mons I'm missing. I guess I caught all of them at night

Not impossible. It can only be caught in Overcast form as long as it doesn't transform which limits you to only looking for Cherrims at night.
>OH YEAH WELL HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THE CATCH IN DAYLIGHT HOURS TASK S-SHILL
Look for Cherrims when there's cloudy/bad weather or evolve Cherubi during the day
>uhhhh COPE
mald lol

I really do wonder how this got past QA. I mean sure Cherrim is just another shitmon but they have a request that specifically asks of you to catch one.

I think it has something to do with them not wanting players to keep Cherrim's Sunny Day form and they fucked something up because of you battle with Cherrim and beat a mon in Sunny Day form it reverts back to Overcast which I assume was intended and was supposed to happen upon catching any Cherrim that transforms

False. I catch one today.

>Learn how to aim
I actually picked up on this quirk pretty quickly, and can aim pretty well with it. However you can't deny that it's just poor game design at it's core.
>baseless assumptions about what's under the hood
Don't get me wrong. This is a very good thing that Gamefreak is actually learning how to make modern games, and this game existing is proof of that. However like I said, Gamefreak's trackrecord is incredibly sloppy, even worse than Bugthesda. I shouldn't need to mention the infamously large amount of Lillies that are stored beneath the ground in Sun and Moon.

> I shouldn't need to mention the infamously large amount of Lillies that are stored beneath the ground in Sun and Moon.
Which isn't necessarily a problem and there can even be reasons to code that way. The overworld in SM looks fine, it's the battles that tend to lag.

>it's just poor game design at it's core.
Its not because its intentional. So you cant just lock on and instantly hit something. Aim to account for the arc. Thats like complaining that fps' have bullet dropoff

>Lillies that are stored beneath the ground in Sun and Moon.
Wasnt that to improve loading times, like said there wasnt ever much lag in the overworld, they tried to improve battles visually and it took a toll on the switch. Battles even lagged in xy so it wasn't just a sm problem

>Bugthesda
Lol at least pokemon games are playable at launch

Based desu even if I'm thoroughly enjoying the game myself. You're not wrong, it's genuinely unfortunate how bad gamefreak is at making games

What the fuck! Why do its eyes move down to the bottom of its legs when its closed up???

'The fuck are you on about?
I caught a few that fell out of trees days ago.
Maybe you just need to git gud.

Attached: 1140687334180.png (342x298, 109.53K)

I'm not really talking about what parts of SM run poorly, but moreso giving an example at Gamefreak's ineptitude when it comes to programming and optimizing a game. This kind of practice became obsolete in the Gamecube era. Furthermore, the entire point of lowering the quality of objects and actors in large areas is to speed up the game by hiding things that the player isn't looking at... as opposed to martyring anything and everything that is in the player's view, as if to say "HEY GUYS LOOK WE DID THE TRICK!"
Like seriously, the load times are already super fast, so that's a clear sign that they did not need to go THIS HARD on their cutbacks.

>intentional
While this may or may not be true, I would also like to touch upon the alternative, which is gyro aiming. The lock-on is useful for stick controls, but I much rather prefer gyro... which gamefreak also managed to fuck up. Even at the lowest sensitivity it's already super touchy, and this is accompanied by the fact that there is INTENTIONAL MOTION CONTROL DRIFT. If you move quickly to one position via gyro and hold still, instead of actually holding still, the gyro will slowly drift backwards for a brief moment. This is incredibly frustrating, and has fucked me over so many times. It's either god awful stick controls, or even worse gyro controls.

>However you can't deny that it's just poor game design at it's core.
No, it really isn't. After getting used to how the different balls fly and arc in relation to the reticle you can hit every one 100% of the time. Bad game design would be inconsistencies leading the reticle to be unreliable as an aiming tool wholesale. I have legitimately not seen anyone complaining about aiming the pokeballs before this thread outside of the collision shit causing them to knock on rocks and trees, so this is a massive (You) problem.