New Battle System confuses me

New Battle System confuses me
How does it even work? I thought using Agile Style would buy you another turn, but sometimes it just...doesn't? Why would I use it if I don't get an extra turn? It just makes the attack weaker.

Attached: 1643921572488[1].jpg (767x384, 29.73K)

Yeah I don't quite get it either.

Agile Style seems to sometimes give a second turn but not always? Also pokemon being swapped in can just swing right away?

Its based on speed, you are kinda fucked if the opponent has a real fast mon. Game Freak had to realize this since they choose to not include multiplayer battles, I hope this system isn't used in a comp sense cause it will only be full of glass cannons that abuse
>AGILE STAT BOOST LMAO
>THEN ATTACK
please clap

Each move has its own hidden speed value, so simply using agile stance on a really slow move with a really slow Pokémon isn’t going to bravely default you a bonus turn if the opponent is fast and used a normal stance quick attack

If you press Y I think it is you can see who is going when on the side of the screen, sometimes agile buys you future turns instead of instant ones.

Agile gives you boost to speed.
If your mon is bulky you can abuse Strong style/rest

There's a lot of behind the scenes work involving moves having hidden speed values, the enemy's AI changing its own options and deciding on its own moves, none of which is conveyed in the Turn Order HUD.

Wait, you're telling me an Electrode using Agile Style WILL get another turn, but a Walrein won't? The fuck is the point then?
>Agile gives you boost to speed.
Interesting, good to know, thanks.
yeah it can get confusing. sometimes it showed me I got 2 turns in a row after the opponent's next turn, but then it uses Agile Style so I don't.

>GF didn't consider how busted the new gimmick of the game would be in a comp scene

color me shocked

The styles don't give a default +1/-1 turn, they just add a multiplier to your speed to either move a turn up ir down. If you don't see a change it's because the multiplier didn't make enough difference to change the existing order (ex: if somethign is 2x faster than you then a 1.5x boost is still slower)

It's not as bad as you put it, when battling a trainer, a pokemon that replaces a fainted one is guaranteed the first hit, meaning the fast glass canon can never sweep uninterrupted.

You know I kinda understand how the turn order + styles work when you're fighting one on one but it's fucked when you have 2 or more opponents
Like using a normal move the turn order shows (You), Enemy A, Enemy B, (You)
But when you switch the move to agile style the turn order now shows (You), Enemy B, Enemy A, (You)
Like how in the fuck can your style swap the order between foes while at the same time not change your position at all

It basically works like this:

Whenever your Pokemon reaches 100 action bar you get to make a move. Different moves cost different amounts of action bar. Agile style reduces the action cost of the move, while strong style increases the action cost. Agile style gives you a double move only if it changes the cost of your move such that you will hit 100 again before the opponent does.

I like Legends but it feels like Gamefreak just changed the battle system for the sake of changing it.

I think it was changed because in the base battle system there wouldn't really be any way to beat alpha mons, they would just one shot you one after the other. That's why this system has that dumb "mons coming in after a faint start with full action meter to move immediately"

>"mons coming in after a faint start with full action meter to move immediately"
this isnt even true, you can still get a turn after the opponent switches in. the turn order gets recalculated when they switch in, if youre on your second turn and the mon that switches in is a fast mon they have more reserved speed so they get the turn. Where are the dataminers who can fully understand thia tho, why is no one talking about it

Switching in drains some small amount of meter, but if you just fainted you get a free move full stop no questions asked.

>Also pokemon being swapped in can just swing right away?
That's the most confusing part. I beat all the trainers in the game just hard swapping to insta kills and literally never got touched. It's so bizarre.

It's funny that you used Crobat as the image there. Crobat is an absolute beast this time around, mostly because of the multi-turn mechanics.
I haven't caught the Alpha yet. I'm afraid to, because it's normally already massive.

How do moves like aqua jet work? So they increase your speed so that you have extra turns later, or do they just give you an extra turn right after you use aqua jet?

they just cost less action bar than another move of their BP would