Was Mew the key to Pokémon's success?

Is the mystery surrounding this creature the whole reason Pokemon Red & Green became so popular back then? I remember reading somewhere the games werent received so well initially

Attached: EXQETPlU0AM5Cqk.jpg (1189x669, 92.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pokemon.jp/special/moyadoga/guide/pokemon.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Modern is soulless.

No, Mewtwo was.
The First movie was such a success, it was Pokemon's first peak.

Then the 3d boom happened and it peaked then, too.

In both peaks, they dropped dramatically, and Gens 3 and 8 respectively killed their old fanbases.

Im talking about the games

>I remember [thing that's complete bullshit and nobody says]
How do you retards function in real life

lmao

this. OP BTFO

Faggot

Attached: Screenshot_20220203-133623_Chrome.jpg (1080x372, 171.75K)

yeah, the mew rumor made interest blow up. it wouldn't be inaccurate to say morimoto's little prank saved RG from flopping

how does it feel living life so confident in being uninformed

That's the design they have used since 1998 fucking mong

Attached: Mew_M01.png (1740x941, 1.68M)

One of these days I'll finally get this Pokemon from under that truck.

Men are pigs and yes Mew is the reason it became popular because guys like pink pussies

I had a slight crush on mew when I was 4 and the first pokemon movie was still in the theater

Attached: 1640344526591.gif (500x500, 37.48K)

Embarrassing samefagb attempt

in japan, yes.
internationally, no.

I still want to have Mew as my personal onahole

With all the new super powerful mythical deepest lore legendaries added, what even makes Mew unique anymore?

Yes, Pokemon shouldn't have succeeded. It released on a system that was approaching the end of its lifespan, at the worst time of the year for games.

It was the first pokemon

That's been retconned, the only thing special about Mew now is its connection to Mewtwo. Other than that, it's just another Pokemon now.

But that'd be Arceus now wouldn't it? That's what I mean, at one point it was this mysterious Ur-Pokemon, but nowadays you've got all the PokeGods and stuff so Mew is just another 'mon

Attached: 1642660530057.jpg (1082x800, 96.25K)

I mean, while its an issue in the pokemon fanbase its common elsewhere too.
That said, it WAS said that Mew was big at the time.

>it wouldn't be inaccurate to say morimoto's little prank saved RG from flopping
You'd have to have proper numbers to claim that. It probably was the differences between huge hit and moderate sucess.
Unless you mean Any Forumsflop, and I'd find it weird if Mew were the only reason you like RB.

It has the dna of all mons.
pokemon.jp/special/moyadoga/guide/pokemon.html
They said its inconclusive.

Everyone told Tajiri that it was stupid to make a Game Boy game in 1996 and that he needed to make a game with 3D graphics.

It can't have the DNA of Arceus, any of the creation trio, any man-made Pokemon, or any Pokemon from other planets or dimensions (like Ultra Beasts).

Mew does not have the DNA of all mons, it's just a shapeshifter.

I see. That's neat, thank you.

Attached: 1634620296476.jpg (850x1026, 122.53K)

In Japan, popularity exploded only after Mew rumors.
Ohmori coded Mew in the game without permission and that basically catapulted the franchise into what it is today.